Though no criminal charges were filed against hip-hop mogul Sean Combs in last February's alleged post-Oscars party beating, four witnesses have come forward to say Diddy did it.
As SOHH previously reported, Puff allegedly decked Gerard Rechnitzer at a posh after awards affair last year. While he was cleared of all criminal charges last July, Rechnitzer has now filed a civil action lawsuit against the entertainer in Los Angeles, according to New York's Daily News.
Rechnitzer, a 27-year-old real estate agent, claims he saw Diddy hitting on his fiance outside of the Roosevelt Hotel. When Rechnitzer tried to escort his lady away, Diddy allegedly clobbered him.
He filed court documents last week detailing witness accounts of the scene.
"I just kind of remember seeing [Rechnitzer] go flying, not flying as in like feet off the ground, but he went back significantly," Marianna Ruiz said in her deposition. "I was just in shock that somebody would ... just kind of strike somebody out of nowhere."
Another witness, Michael Sherman said, "All of a sudden, [Diddy] hit him. And there was a taxi behind Gerard. Gerard got knocked into the taxi."
Combs' defense attorney said his client "is no way legally responsible for what happened to Rechnitzer" and called the suit "completely baseless," while prosecutors also declined to press charges against the mogul.
But Rechnitzer's attorney, Michael M. Marzban said the alleged victim was in fact jawed by a blinged out Combs' and filed a motion last September that the mogul cough up the rings he was wearing that night to prove it. A judge later enforced that motion.
Rechnitzer is seeking unspecified damages in the suit.
MTS Centre, Winnipeg - May 26, 2008
Trina Introduces Pink Diamond Clothing, Launches Website
Xzibit's Newborn Son Passes Away Suddenly
The Story Behind Kanye's "Flashing Lights"
Tony Yayo Doles Out Props To Lil' Wayne
Combs Turns Screenwriter
Festival Postponed Over 'Snoop Dogg Gang Violence'
Teenager Who Murdered Juvenile's Daughter Indicted