Young Buck may have made a diplomatic move to try and end the beef with The Game, but it may have landed him in hot water with 50 Cent.
During an appearance on the "Miss Jones in the Morning" show on New York’s Hot 97 yesterday (April 4), 50 Cent spoke out about the current label roster at G-Unit Records. Amongst his revelations was that R&B singer Olivia has been dropped from the label and other artists could face the same fate.
"I made sacrifices constantly for the entire G-Unit [roster]. At this point, they gotta do they thing now. It’s their second album, everybody. If they don’t deliver, then they don’t actually work," 50 Cent said, seemingly targeting Young Buck, who released his second album "Buck The World" last week to critical acclaim, which has sold 140,000 copies in its first week on sale.
50 Cent indicated he could kick Buck off the roster after he recently attempted to settle his differences with two of 50’s rivals - Jadakiss and The Game.
"If you listened to the Angie Martinez show when Young Buck was on there, he made references to himself being his own man and making his own decisions to try and make friends with people who I have issues with, I hold him in the same space that I hold Game in," 50 Cent said. "If I got issues with somebody and we down with each other, you got issues with them. Since then, The Game has released a record and dissed him again. That just shows you."
This situation may seem familiar to G-Unit fans. Two years ago, The Game was ousted from the group when 50 Cent disapproved of his decision to squash his beefs with Jadakiss and 50 Cent’s other enemies - Fat Joe and Nas.
It may look like Buck is on his way out, but 50 Cent still insists there is no beef between them. "It doesn’t say me and Buck got beef," 50 Cent added. "He’s in the same space. He’s in the same boat from having the same actions."
While 50 Cent may have been creating gaps within his own camp with his earlier statments, he did jump to the defence of another of his G-Unit soldiers.
"He didn’t hit the kid," 50 Cent said of the alleged Tony Yayo assault on a 14-year-old boy. "I don’t even know if he was there. It’s the same group that put together the ’G-Unot’ campaign. Why would you ban 50 if I am not involved in the actual situation? It’s showing that it’s from the same camp, with the same intentions. When it comes to civil, you don’t have to worry about G-Unit. When the lawyers come out, we gonna see what it is."