Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - RIP Biggie Smalls

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/14/19 03:55:05 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RIP Biggie Smalls
PostPosted: 03/09/10 01:42:52 PM 

Has it really been 13 years? I remember that shit like it was yesterday.

Snag films has a free viewing of the Biggie & Tupac documentary. Don't know if you've seen this yet, but it really is compelling. Here's the link and a blurb from the site:

Biggie and Tupac: http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/biggie_and_tupac/

Biggie and Tupac is a no holds barred investigation into the still unsolved murders of two of the biggest superstars rap has ever produced; Christopher Wallace, aka Biggie Smalls, and Tupac Shakur. Answering the crusading calls for justice from Biggie’s mother Voletta, Broomfield hits the streets from East Coast to West Coast, putting his own life at risk as he uncovers sensational new evidence that points directly to the involvement of the LAPD and imprisoned Death Row records co-founder Marion ‘Suge’ Knight in the violent slayings that shocked the hip hop world.

Post subject: Re: RIP Biggie Smalls
PostPosted: 03/09/10 07:25:49 PM 

"cause the greatest rapper of all time died on march ninth"

picture a nigga hidding my life in that mans hands while he's just deciding

we miss you big rip :dj: (sparks a ganja leaf for big ) :coolsmoke:

PostPosted: 03/11/10 12:30:38 AM 

I don't remember things like that... but surprised I didn't see this. As it turns out, I listened to the entire Ready To Die LP that day and re-upped on some good green, anyway. so... ... I guess I could say "that was for B.I.G".

Biggie wrote:
And when I rock her and drop her, I'm takin her door-knockers
and if she resistant? BLOCKA-BLOCKA-BLOCKA!

PostPosted: 03/11/10 12:08:52 PM 

...i'm tired of this shit. there are other skilled M.C.s out there and the only people anyone seems to focus on when any hip-hop topic comes up are these two. What the fuck.

May these dudes rest in peace but damn...they were gunned down like any other clown in the street...and what's worse is that they died by the same sword they "sworn" themselves to live by...and no one is going to come forward...cause these two dudes called coming forward about the murder of some one, even deeply adored and idolized morons like these two en masse,...snitching...completely taken out of context. And I bet the muthafucker(s) that did kill these dudes is laughting their asses off cause even the most rational of folk turned thir backs on solving the case and just mark an anniversary date..."so they don't forget"...fucking dumb.

PostPosted: 03/11/10 11:24:48 PM 

.....seriously? Who are you talking about, Pattern? What thread have you put up in remembrance of who? Got any news? I know that was just your .02 but, seriously?

The guys was talented. Some even say the best ever. All that other shit is for Fox News, fam. Do you think that there wouldn't be threads like this if the killers were found? C'mon man. That disrespect was completely unwarranted.

PostPosted: 03/12/10 12:14:59 PM 

RIP to one of the greatest ever.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

PostPosted: 03/12/10 02:30:47 PM 

CARDiAC wrote:
.....seriously? Who are you talking about, Pattern? What thread have you put up in remembrance of who? Got any news? I know that was just your .02 but, seriously?

The guys was talented. Some even say the best ever. All that other shit is for Fox News, fam. Do you think that there wouldn't be threads like this if the killers were found? C'mon man. That disrespect was completely unwarranted.

wow...your adoration for these dudes masks your ignorance. M.C. Trouble, Jam Master Jay, Big-L, my man from Da GraveDiggas... to name a few...

Especially Big-L, for whom in this thread B.I.G. got his styles from...so don't post fronts on some bullshit like B.I.G. was the greatest of all time. just saying that shit undermines those before him that are much greater.

what i said wasn't dis-respect. you should really stop posting shit inebriated or fucked up. emotions pouring out on the keyboard like i insulted a family member. cool out. I was making a point that alot of people are feeling, but just don't mention cause of zealots like you coming off as.

And keep this in mind...I did say may these cats rest in peace, but i then added a comment as to why people like you post these threads while fucking high...talking like you knew the man on personal level...whatever. half you cats claim you can relate to the shit that any of them say, but in reality...none of yall knew what hard was until diddy kicked in payolla to push Ready to Die almost a year after it officially came out on the air waves.

Out of the two, i would say that Pac was the realist, but in retrospect...they underestimated their influence on people and squandered it. That shit ain't knew, coming from me...everyone knows that i don't stand for false un-neccessary bullshit...

PostPosted: 03/15/10 02:05:48 AM 

b.p. wrote:
wow...your adoration for these dudes masks your ignorance. M.C. Trouble, Jam Master Jay, Big-L, my man from Da GraveDiggas... to name a few...
Where are the threads man? You came into this one bitchin about biggie and pac gettin love, while many others don't... but you aren't showing love at all. just hate. always hate, with you.

you wrote:
Especially Big-L, for whom in this thread B.I.G. got his styles from...so don't post fronts on some bullshit like B.I.G. was the greatest of all time. just saying that shit undermines those before him that are much greater.
Fuck that. It's an opinion fam. That many people have. In fact, I didn't even say it was mine. You can't tell me just because you think he isn't one of the goats, that he isn't to me or anyone else. Not how it works, buddy.

you wrote:
what i said wasn't dis-respect. you should really stop posting shit inebriated or fucked up. emotions pouring out on the keyboard like i insulted a family member. cool out. I was making a point that alot of people are feeling, but just don't mention cause of zealots like you coming off as.
Coming into a rest in peace thread with anything other than peace is disrespectful.

Quote:
And keep this in mind...I did say may these cats rest in peace, but i then added a comment as to why people like you post these threads while fucking high...talking like you knew the man on personal level...whatever. half you cats claim you can relate to the shit that any of them say, but in reality...none of yall knew what hard was until diddy kicked in payolla to push Ready to Die almost a year after it officially came out on the air waves.

Out of the two, i would say that Pac was the realist, but in retrospect...they underestimated their influence on people and squandered it. That shit ain't knew, coming from me...everyone knows that i don't stand for false un-neccessary bullshit...
You are, officially, a fucking clown to me. You speak as though you know me on a personal level, and that is unacceptable. You call me a zealot, and all I said was that I, coincidentally, listened to his debut album and bought some green. Damn, if anyone has caught feelings here, it is you.... Getting all mad cause nobody is showing respect to your fallen favs, when you aren't doing it yourself. I actually agree with the first sentence in your last paragraph, but the rest of that post was utter bullshit. Whether drunk/high/or sober when I made the post, or when the thread starter started the thread, it was a simple commemoration thread fam. A simple "hey I remember this dude died on this day" thread.

PostPosted: 03/15/10 05:42:18 AM 

let's see...hmmm...

you want to see my threads? About what? Who? I don't post threads unless I'm starting a cypha. I'm not like all these other cats on here that meet up and shit. I don't have the time. Got other shit to DO. I rarely talk about shit. I am about it. If I can't DO anything about things, I try to break the cycle...hence the name. Just merely opening a debate. You been here how long?

...whatever, kid....continue on...don't say shit to me...

PostPosted: 03/16/10 01:16:13 AM 

My join date is listed in every post, fam. And you can miss me with that "don't say shit to me" bullshit. You post around here and talk to any and everyone however you want to, which is often very shitty. So, fuck that. You want to debate, so debate.

Quote:
you want to see my threads? About what? Who?
All these other people that are so much better than Big that they deserve to get brought up in his RIP thread.

Quote:
I'm not like all these other cats on here that meet up and shit. I don't have the time. Got other shit to DO.
Weren't you one of the dudes asking for another board to be started? And wtf does "meeting up" have to do with anything we've talked about?

My main point is this, b.p.: If you keep it real, Biggie is in everybody's top 10, if not top 5. So, there was nothing at all odd about this thread or even my response to it. But... you, being who you portray yourself as here, seemed to take offense with that and chose to disrespect the effort with an asinine rant. You were wrong for that. You are also wrong for complaining about other artists not getting mentioned. Why? Because you don't do it yourself. You aren't dropping RIP Big L threads. You haven't said anything that I've seen about JMJ. If you know so much more than the rest of us, share it. Otherwise, please, shut the fuck up.

P.S.
I am deleting that other thread. There is no need for a new one while this one exists.

Biggie wrote:
Squeeze off till I'm empty, don't tempt me.

PostPosted: 03/16/10 09:03:51 AM 

lmao... I just thought folks might enjoy seeing that documentary. The shit is different then anything I've seen on the subject and told from a fresh perspective. That's what prompted me to make the thread.

With the lack of activity around here you'd think folks would appreciate discussion on anything, instead of wasting their energy yippin and yappin about "other skilled mcs out their" or whatever the fuck the point of your posts was.

here's an idea. Contribute something. Anything. Got a favorite MC? Post a thread about them so we can all celebrate their dopeness. I never even said I thought BIggie was the best MC ever, just acknowledged the anniversary of his death.

do you go around with this salty attitude cryin about Huey Newton and Malcolm X on Martin Luther King Day? Fuckin hater.

PostPosted: 03/18/10 11:30:45 AM 

i love when people agruee over topics that are old as fuck, dude made a thread remembering BIGGIE who cares, if u dont like it bite your lip and move on :afro: