Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Guru R.I.P

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/06/19 06:44:48 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guru R.I.P
PostPosted: 04/20/10 03:44:43 AM 

http://blackmafialife.blogspot.com/2010 ... -away.html

Post subject: Re: Guru R.I.P
PostPosted: 04/20/10 05:21:38 AM 

Word rest in peace

PostPosted: 04/20/10 05:34:30 AM 

I see you. RIP, to one of the greats.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 06:28:12 AM 

:( Legend. R.I.P.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 06:57:55 AM 

May he rest in peace.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 09:27:48 AM 

R.I.P. Mr. Universal. Moment Of Truth changed my life. True story.

On a sidenote, what's the deal with that letter.....there's some bullshit goin' on here. Some serious bullshit.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 11:12:54 AM 

Darion wrote:

Seriously.

Peace to fucking Skep for waking me up with a text about this. There's no way to start your morning like finding out one of your heroes died.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 11:29:20 AM 

Darion wrote:

On a sidenote, what's the deal with that letter.....there's some bullshit goin' on here. Some serious bullshit.

that shit has Solars fingerprints all over it

PostPosted: 04/20/10 12:41:48 PM 

This is EXTREMELY sad sad news... Rest In Peace Guru!!!!!

And here's an 80-minute ALL GangStarr mix I had made last month that most of you probably already have... Rest In Peace Guru, you will forever be missed!! “Take Two And Pass” – GangStarr, 1992

GangStarr Mix (1989-2003)
-Mixed by Shaun D. aka Wicked (March 7, 2010 at 3:50am)

01. GangStarr - Intro [1990] Chrysalis STEP IN THE ARENA (LP)
02. GangStarr - Take Two And Pass [1992] Chrysalis DAILY OPERATION (LP)
03. GangStarr - Credit Is Due [1991] Chrysalis 12"
04. GangStarr - Gotta Get Over (Taking Loot) [1992] Sire TRESPASS SOUNDTRACK (LP)
05. GangStarr - Doe In Advance [1993] White Label 12"
06. GangStarr - ALONGWAYTOGO [1993] Chrysalis HARD TO EARN (LP)
07. GangStarr - Mostly Tha Voice [1993] Chrysalis HARD TO EARN (LP)
08. GangStarr - You Know My Steez [1997] Noo Trybe MOMENT OF TRUTH (LP)
09. GangStarr - The Natural [2001] Virgin PROMO 12"
10. GangStarr - Zonin' [2003] Virgin THE OWNERZ (LP)
11. GangStarr - New York Strait Talk [1998] Noo Trybe MOMENT OF TRUTH (LP)
12. GangStarr - Work [1997] Noo Trybe CAUGHT UP SOUNDTRACK (LP)
13. GangStarr - Full Clip [1999] Noo Trybe/Virgin FULL CLIP: A DECADE OF GANG STARR (LP)
14. GangStarr - The ? Remainz [1994] Chrysalis 12"
15. GangStarr - B.Y.S. [1992] Chrysalis DAILY OPERATION (LP)
16. GangStarr - Step In The Arena [1990] Chrysalis STEP IN THE ARENA (LP)
17. GangStarr - Words I Manifest (Remix) [1989] Wild Pitch 12"
18. Tony Touch feat. GangStarr - The Piece Maker [1999] Tommy Boy THE PIECE MAKER (LP)
19. GangStarr - Battle [2002] Interscope 8 MILE SOUNDTRACK (LP)
20. GangStarr - Tha Squeeze [2001] Priority TRAINING DAY SOUNDTRACK (LP)
21. Funkmaster Flex feat. GangStarr - Freestyle [1998] Loud THE MIX TAPE VOL. III (LP)
22. GangStarr - Just To Get A Rep [1990] Chrysalis STEP IN THE ARENA (LP)
23. GangStarr - Jazz Thing (Video Mix) [1990] Columbia MO' BETTER BLUES SOUNDTRACK (LP)
24. GangStarr - Take A Rest [1990] Chrysalis STEP IN THE ARENA (LP)
25. GangStarr - The Illest Brother [1992] Chrysalis DAILY OPERATION (LP)

-All Songs Produced by DJ Premier

Size: 146 mb
Length: 79:58
Quality: 256 kbps
File: http://www.mediafire.com/?nnwhyhmmuyz

Last edited by WiCkEd22 on 04/20/10 02:22:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 12:46:11 PM 

fuck ... R.I.P.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 02:16:41 PM 

RIP

He left his mark.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 04:11:23 PM 

i read that fucking shitty letter and i'm thinking why would anyone on their death bed decide to write a last fuck you to someone that is responsible for his fucking career...no one dying holds that much spite and anger unless the person fucked you over really badly, and i doubt shit could ever be that bad.

apart from producing the worst Guru albums in his whole career, does any one have any idea who the fuck this solar guy is? i mean really what fucking classic or even any beats does this fucker have under his name and why the hell is he going on like hes some fucking vet in the game? shit even Guru's nephew went on fucking youtube talking about how solar didnt allow guru's family to see him....this shit really pisses me off more than anything cos its sad that someone that fucking made me love hiphop so much passed away and he left with his career in fucking ruins and then this letter just made him seem like ungrateful and spiteful asshole.

it really makes me want to find this solar fucking asshole and mash him with a fucking steel pipe.

ages ago Jeremy and I had a discussing about Guru's weight loss and we both agreed he was def sick and had something seriously wrong with his health, I guess we know now...its such a fucking shame, a man i respected so much would leave under such fishy circumstances.

Rest In Peace.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 04/20/10 04:55:10 PM 

d_realword wrote:
i read that fucking shitty letter and i'm thinking why would anyone on their death bed decide to write a last fuck you to someone that is responsible for his fucking career...no one dying holds that much spite and anger unless the person fucked you over really badly, and i doubt shit could ever be that bad.

apart from producing the worst Guru albums in his whole career, does any one have any idea who the fuck this solar guy is? i mean really what fucking classic or even any beats does this fucker have under his name and why the hell is he going on like hes some fucking vet in the game? shit even Guru's nephew went on fucking youtube talking about how solar didnt allow guru's family to see him....this shit really pisses me off more than anything cos its sad that someone that fucking made me love hiphop so much passed away and he left with his career in fucking ruins and then this letter just made him seem like ungrateful and spiteful asshole.

it really makes me want to find this solar fucking asshole and mash him with a fucking steel pipe.

ages ago Jeremy and I had a discussing about Guru's weight loss and we both agreed he was def sick and had something seriously wrong with his health, I guess we know now...its such a fucking shame, a man i respected so much would leave under such fishy circumstances.

Rest In Peace.

R.I.P. to one of the leaders of the true school of Hip-hop...for real.
Realworld, you saying the same shit that I'm thinking...Primo must've really done some shit for Guru to say that shit...knowing that he was going to die. shit's crazy, especially, as you said, he was there in the beginning lending his beats...his tightest beats to make Gangstarr the legend they are. one.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 05:58:12 PM 

its 2010.. learn to fucking read. ^^^ THE NAME IS WORD not fucking WORLD

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 04/20/10 06:02:01 PM 

a shame... and that letter just seems out of place, sketchy really. If Guru harbored those feelings toward Premo that's one thing, but to put it out there on a death bed letter seems insane to me.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 07:23:25 PM 

d_realword wrote:

Rest In Peace.

Word is bond Femi.

First of all R.I.P. to a legend!! I was 9 years old when introduced to Gangstarr, just a lil beady head, snot nosed muthafucka making mixtapes off the radio. History was made when Guru and Preem stepped on the scene.

The letter released by Guru........STRAIGHT UP BULLSHIT!!!!

If any hiphop head believes that bullshit, jump off a 20 story building and fly. DJ Premier is a humble and honorable dude, so to put out a statement right before your death shitting on the nigga that held you down since the late 80's is ludacris....better yet insane. Solar's sweet faggot ass is behind all this treachery and deceit. I hope real dudes put a bounty on his frail lookin ass. I can't imagine how the Gangstarr foundation and family feel right now. Shit is a fucking tragedy.

PostPosted: 04/20/10 08:07:33 PM 

its been a minute, but i have to stop by here and say RIP to Guru. only my fellow members here share the same love i have for this man's music.

RIP

PostPosted: 04/20/10 11:10:15 PM 

d_realword wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Agreed. HOF post.

PostPosted: 04/21/10 06:26:43 AM 

I don't think Guru wrote that letter.
I think that is obvious.
The only one to gain from this letter is Solar.
He wrote it.

"so guru had time to write this statement while he was in a coma/dying/dead?," Blaze wrote. "JustBlaze yeh and strangely he seems to use the exact same phrases as his "brother, friend and partner" Solar does in his statement.... @JustBlaze And he felt it necessary to diss on Premo as his last words? I don't buy that sh*t. hope homie is enrolled in witness protection.. :wow:@rachel1029 ive sat next to a few deathbeds.. and no ususally it is the exact opposite. man..." (Just Blaze's Twitter)

The Roots Questlove also question the letter.
"in my 10 greatest voices in hip hop. Guru was easily top 5 imo. smooth. velvet. will be missed. RIP Guru @swiftfmhttp://bit.ly/d86nKK. not trying to bring negativity into the situation. but i do NOT believe he wrote that letter. 1) he was in a coma. 2) HE WAS IN A COMA! i'm going in on the filler. hip hop experts know the obvious stuff. but the magic for me was the lp cuts @swiftfmhttp://bit.ly/ckC1fC when he was vice pres of Wild Pitch records MC Serch surprised me w a box Guru's 1st jam. loved this! #ripGuru@swiftfm http://bit.ly/9HVSf8" (Questlove's Twitter)

PostPosted: 04/21/10 02:30:08 PM 

CARDiAC...step the fuck off...I left shit at that other thread...been quiet and polite, doing my thing...I'm beyond that...but you wanna trek that shit, go ahead...but, I'm warning you...step off.

d_realword wrote:

check this out...i'm one letter off...glanced at your name and just had to repsond to this thread about Guru that's my focus, but...my mistake...<whatever>.

Alot of people peeping out Solar's moves and they believe that he wrote this shitty letter. I could've swore news broke that they were going to drop another album early last year. What happened since then?