Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - NA -Vs- ROTW- Semis - Adept -Vs- Powder

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/23/19 06:41:13 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/02/04 11:46:37 AM 

You both talented, Powder reading ur verse I thought very nice punches, origional in a lot of places as usual. Good all round verse, didnt really get personal and exploit the fact u part of Lonley minds usergroup. Adept, urs flowed very well, so did powders but shorter bars are always easier to spit with precision timing on a beat. I know. Also adept u came with a alot of personals and although its hard to do that on an internet battle u did so. I liked ur punches very witty was the brushing teeth before eating

Enough explaining for now ]

VOTE-ADEPT

Powder u elevating and at one stage I started revertinng to all punchlines to improve myself in that area but once u have truley develeoped a style, as I think I have. U will talk rather and say what u want intead of ryhming feel me. I aint saying u dont do this PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/02/04 01:47:37 PM 

4 - 2 for Adept

1 vote for Adept and it's sealed

3 STRAIGHT votes for Powder will have him win

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/04/04 01:23:05 AM 

powder it did seem like you were forcing some punches this round...try adding a few more multis and lines that are clever and make you go :o ...as for you adept... :beer: ...I'm gonna go ahead and say that I think that was the dopest script I've ever read from you...great rhymes with multis and personals...straight up dopeness!....
good luck against marblez or mindless...damn this shit is taking a century to finish... :roll: :afro: ...peace
vote adept, insanely inhebriated

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/04/04 01:51:35 AM 

That's 5-2 for me...great battle Powder...and thanks to all the voters...peace

:coolsmoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/14/04 05:04:13 AM 

This wasn't a great battle. However, the only decent lines were in Adepts verse. I agree with the overly strained punches in Powders verse to be a nuisance... I think some of them don't even make sense..He's just rhyming for the sake of it.. Alot of his verse was filler and if you really were spitting this to a beat the syllables would be so far off on some of your bars, powder..

The same is true with you Adept, Although you're writting in text only, it's important that when the reader checks through it that it sounds good in their heads. And also if you're planning to drop audio you need to get into these good habbits. "Listen kid just stick to "Sponge Bob Square Pants" before I fuck your face up so bad you won't even catch a rare glance" - For example, it just doesn't scan. I think you always go for the most basic flow possible and it makes you look under prepared...

Having said all that, Adept had a few good lines.. Some were hard, others either didn't make any sense or just sounded stupid. I know it's too late to vote on this round but I thought I'd chip in for the sake of Adept, seeing as he's facing either Mindless Limitless or Lost Marblez in the next round and will have to do a lot better to beat either of those opponents..

Powder, I didn't like the way you felt the need to stress a point beyond the punchline, with the stuff in brackets.. What seasoned battlers normally do is leave a degree of interpretation to the reader himself.. If you do this well, then what you say will be perfectly followed and you won't need to hand-feed them like it seems you did here. I thought the binary code line could've been worked alot better, and has by a guy called Iconoclast "My freestyle is followed by more O's than fucking binary code." Haha, I prefer the way that sounded...

But you had some good concepts, some were played.. The pay through your nose line is one I've seen before I think, not worked the same as yours but a similar punch at the end of a rhyme... I think it's important for you to try and be subtle with your punches, and the caps-lock makes your verse look scrappy, you don't need to highlight your punches, like I said before.

All-in-all the right man won.. And on a second glance I'd say Adept had a verse that was half good, so if he can cut down on his filler he'll have a good shot in the finals.. But, Powder I hope you can take something from my criticism into your next battles..Maybe we'll battle some day soon and you can show me what you've learnt, you rascal.

...Vote - Adept...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/14/04 04:13:50 PM 

FuStandStillFu wrote:
you rascal

hahaha, we gotta have an audio battle, I've been wanting to have one for awhile and you seem like the perfect victim :afro:

Ventuoso: joshua3189
Ventuoso: he's a lonely guy
carrioncell: so am i
carrioncell: but cyber sex with dudes....not my thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/16/04 12:30:36 AM 

Thanks for the crit I guess StandStill...my verse seemed to flow well when I spit it on a beat...the beat from the song OH! by Obie Trice featuring Busta Rhymes worked very well...and I didn't think my verse had any filler...well maybe a tiny bit but not much...whatever my opponent in the final will be defeated no matter who it is or how it needs to be done.

:coolsmoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/16/04 03:15:56 PM 

Adept wrote:
Thanks for the crit I guess StandStill...my verse seemed to flow well when I spit it on a beat...the beat from the song OH! by Obie Trice featuring Busta Rhymes worked very well...and I didn't think my verse had any filler...well maybe a tiny bit but not much...whatever my opponent in the final will be defeated no matter who it is or how it needs to be done.

Well....That's only if they ever face off :roll: