Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - AUDIOHEADZ HOLLA

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/15/19 07:12:28 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AUDIOHEADZ HOLLA
PostPosted: 02/21/08 12:10:28 AM 

this is an unusual call out.... which doesn't envolve battling .......i am calling out on producers mc's and even graphic designers..... i want to put together a project that will sell like hot cakes ........ and sell it..... all across the world........ bypassing record labels and all...... true hiphop shit.... now people i know alot of you have made songs and just let them songs get old to the point that noone even hears them anymore... so what's one more song... that could possibly give you world recognition if the project is collaborated correctly..... lets get money off of the real shit....... flip the game around..... whos wit me?

Post subject: Re: AUDIOHEADZ HOLLA
PostPosted: 02/21/08 01:47:25 PM 

are you talking like a mixtape type of deal? or like a various artists hip hop album?

I'm down forever...how would we be doing the production is my main concern?

PostPosted: 02/21/08 04:06:37 PM 

yes exactly............ but seeing that many of us come from a different place ...we can use this as an advantage

PostPosted: 02/23/08 11:03:44 AM 

The other issue is quality and mixing, though. I have a professional setup for recording, but I doubt many others do. Plus, when it comes to mixing everything, if we're just sending files back and forth on the internet, we're gonna lose sound quality everytime someone records a verse, unless we're all using the same program and we can send raw wavs with project files. Like I said, I'm down, but we should figure that out first so that it's not a waste.

The only other way I can think to do it that would be easy is for us to send non compressed versions of the tracks around for the next to record over. We would obviously be losing a bit of quality each time, but at least we would salvage most of it. That creates another problem though. Everyone isn't going to have the same knowledge of mixing and mastering, and some people are going to mix their verses louder, or with different effects that may not match or fit. These are just some things to ponder.

The best way to do this, if everyone was down, would be to physically meet up somewhere in a studio and drop the tracks. So we could collaborate through the web to get the tracks mapped out and written. Then once everyone has their verses down and everything worked out, we could meet in the studio and drop it without wasting any time. This is a little farfetched though considering expenses and where everyone lives.

Let me know what you think. I live in Maryland by the way...We should find out who wants to do this, where they live, and how far they would be willing to go with this. I'm not really into doing something unless we're going to push it or do it correctly though. I've been part of way too many failed projects to waste time, you dig? If someone just wants to do a track or two for sport, I don't mind. But the only way I'm going to dedicate myself to a full project is if it's going down properly.

Peace.

PostPosted: 02/23/08 02:06:58 PM 

well i see that you have also put some thought into a project........ we ofourse we should consider the many different aspects of the project...... and the most important is who will play what role? this is key.... it is vital that you employ soldiers mainly in their feild, it should be very little times this rule should be derailed. my point is as you have stated we must firgure out on who's all in..... and then where they are from? ... then what capabilities they have..... producing mastering , vocalist, etc. once we have the known amount of people..... basically we should put the puzzle together only after we have collected all the peices..... As far as accomplishments... i believe if we can achieve a quality product... and move it on the mass that i imagine.... we will have created something great ..... i personally will put forth my strongest efforts..... i would love to have an album made by us out there... and when i say us...i mean the real mc's who live day to day .... jobs school ..kids.... whatever...... i really wanted to hold going into detail before the puzzle is put together so to speak...... but that's just a little of what i have on my mind....

PostPosted: 02/23/08 04:42:07 PM 

You should maybe post this in the Chit Chat or Hip Hop Forum as well, because alot of the emcees on here don't check the LBC and Call-out Corner on here. These are the cats I know who can record professionally: Doug, Abadawn, Heretic Skeptik, Grizz, Sponge, Funky Toez, Non Specific, Sun of Brooklyn...and Producers: Scoob, Mole, Sarx (can record too), Infekt (if he's around), Decline (not sure he's around), Skwirm (not sure he's around)...Wigpusha can do both as well, but I'm not fully sure on his recording situation, but if he moves back to the east coast, he'll be close to me. Some of these cats don't come here too often anymore but are on myspace.

PostPosted: 02/23/08 08:10:00 PM 

I would also like to add , that there are many incredible artist on this site..i would feel much more confident knowing that they were contributing effort in this project as it is about an achievement of not achieving.... making something out of nothing... have you ever heard any of the fatbeat compilations? they are actually mixed by different people each vol. ... also rawkus has been known to take submited material and remix and remaster them for whatever compilation it may be.... evil dee, j rocc , baba, many more..... my point is ... it doesn't really even matter if we like each other ....... as long as we deticate some decent effort , collaboration , and the most important of all is planning ... i am pretty sure if about 10-15 of us got together and came up with some ideals and solutions leading to one goal ..we would ultimately come up with a great product.............. To show you that i am deticated to this product... once complete i will personally send off for the cd covers and pay for them to be printed professionally and provide as many as 100 covers per person on staff.