Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - NFL Combine/Draft Thread

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/18/19 07:25:58 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL Combine/Draft Thread
PostPosted: 02/24/08 08:22:20 PM 

Might as well get something started here..

Good to see dude I played with and knew since high school Eddie Royal doin his thing at the combine. He was killin it in the WR drills. Mike Mayock was impressed. Strongest WR at the joint too. 24 reps on the bench. Crazy for a dude that's only 5'10 180. I'm hopeful he can land a 3rd round selection on a upstart team that needs a slot receiver/kick returner. Playing at Va Tech is what hurt his draft stock. That holds true for any WR there.

I also don't see how Mayock can still hate on McFadden. He came in and killed it. Raiders can have fun with him. Though once you hit the black hole, your career is over.

Anyway..this draft is all about the D-Line. So many potential freaks. I think 5 d-linemen can go top 10.

Post subject: Re: NFL Combine/Draft Thread
PostPosted: 02/25/08 07:51:31 PM 

i only saw a little but yeah mcfadden was impressive.

i didn't catch any of what royal did but the combine is a good place for a guy like him whose talents may not have been properly showcased. his bench press performance just shows that you dont have to be huge to be strong.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 02:54:02 AM 

damn, i need nfl network. finna peep sites and see if i can get combine results. props on the thread. and fuck the matt ryan hype....dude was okay..even good at times...but a number one pick? only cause the dolphins got it is that possible. i'd take a proven free agent and mcfadden if i was miami's head honcho...ronnie is too unhealthy for his own good. would be dope to control the fate of a team right? roster moves, draft picks, analysis of past picks...yeah....fun in theory...video game type shit. in real life, that would be stress like no other. too much money riding on your decisions. still...let me dream...haha

"Fuck the Bushes and the hicks up in the woods equipped wit hoods, return of Jesus and the media, we need to take a look at kids/On the block hollow wit a glock and no cause, coulda followed, but i lead, so i need that weed tomorrow..."- Heretic Skeptic

PostPosted: 02/26/08 01:21:15 PM 

yo, http://www.nfl.com/combine is a great site for videos and results. They really revamped that site. They got a million video highlights from the TV shows of the combine, plus all the numbers.

And as for the number 1 pick, I really get the feeling Miami wants to trade down, simply because Parcells doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to pay 30 million guaranteed for a player. He likes to get value later in the draft. They need to look at the Delaware dude Joe Flacco though. Dude is 6'6 with a great arm. He might be better than Ryan, but he hasn't gotten as much hype comin out of a D1-AA school. You could snag him at the top of the 2nd or 3rd.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 01:39:22 PM 

Chris P. wrote:
yo, http://www.nfl.com/combine is a great site for videos and results. They really revamped that site. They got a million video highlights from the TV shows of the combine, plus all the numbers.

And as for the number 1 pick, I really get the feeling Miami wants to trade down, simply because Parcells doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to pay 30 million guaranteed for a player. He likes to get value later in the draft. They need to look at the Delaware dude Joe Flacco though. Dude is 6'6 with a great arm. He might be better than Ryan, but he hasn't gotten as much hype comin out of a D1-AA school. You could snag him at the top of the 2nd or 3rd.

Problem with trading down is there aren't a lot of teams with enough to trade to get the 1st pick. Only team that seems reasonable is the Cowboys but lately Jerry Jones keeps saying he isn't going to do it. Maybe with McFaddens impressive 40-time and Jerry Jones love for everything Arkansas he may finally make the deal.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 05:29:11 PM 

Skep told me he could get out there right now and put down a 4.35 40.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 08:24:06 PM 

is skep on that HGH?

PostPosted: 04/26/08 10:19:38 AM 

D-DAY, FUCK MICHAEL WILBON THE DRAFT IS LIKE CHRISTMAS

PostPosted: 04/26/08 03:50:53 PM 

Chiefs are killin it right now. 3 picks down, 3 A players.

PostPosted: 04/26/08 05:28:36 PM 

I wanted to get some OL/DL for the skins, but we took what fell to us and loaded up for the West Coast Offense. Jason Campbell gotta be happy as shit. Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly? Damn yo, depth for days.

and Eddie Royal goin 42 overall to the Broncos? Damn I'm really happy for my homie. I didn't think he'd secure a spot that high. He's a baller though, he'll hold his own.

PostPosted: 04/26/08 06:03:09 PM 

Mendenhall!

PostPosted: 04/27/08 06:08:20 AM 

Dolphins are having a pretty good draft so far. They took the safest pick in the draft at a position we've needed help at since Richmond Webb. Then we got a gift in Phillip Merling who fell from his projected mid first round pick to the second round (why the fuck were so many o lineman takien in the first?). The Chad Henne pick was a good pick only because of when we drafted him. Had we selected him with our 32nd pick I would have been pissed, but at 57 I thought we got great value for him and should push Beck a lot more in practice.

As for our next pick today I'm hoping we go with a WR. I really don't want another Wolverine but Manningham at this spot would be a good pick or Doucet. If we decide to move away from the offense then we need to go corner. Reggie Smith, Charles Godfrey, or Justin King would be better then any other CB on the roster. Some think we will/should get Dan Connor as he's basically looking like Zach Thomas 2.0 but I just don't see Parcells doing it. Bill Parcells has always liked size on defense (specifically at linebacker) and I just don't see him changing that now.

PostPosted: 04/27/08 06:33:21 AM 

MarlonJackson wrote:
Mendenhall!

i still can't believe he fell to you guys.....i thought Detroit or Chicago would take him for sure

PostPosted: 04/27/08 01:19:49 PM 

Skins draft Colt Brennan in the 6th round. I'm outraged!

PostPosted: 04/28/08 11:01:56 PM 

PostPosted: 08/03/08 11:31:02 AM 

Chris P. wrote:

i straight abandoned this thread. i ended up missing most of the draft due to hitting up that Nuggets playoff game the day of the draft. gotta say, i agree that the dolphins shoulda been tryin to get a qb, but not a drafted one. there just wasn't any standout imo to risk so much on. were there no free agents available? trent green, if healthy, could be solid, but he hasn't been healthy, and beck isn't ready yet far as i see. gonna be exciting times tho....the season is almost here, and pre-season begins today baby! gyeah!

"Fuck the Bushes and the hicks up in the woods equipped wit hoods, return of Jesus and the media, we need to take a look at kids/On the block hollow wit a glock and no cause, coulda followed, but i lead, so i need that weed tomorrow..."- Heretic Skeptic

PostPosted: 08/03/08 11:33:11 AM 

MarlonJackson wrote:
Skep told me he could get out there right now and put down a 4.35 40.

HAHAHAHA, marlon is sick! i could post a 4.7 at best, maybe a 4.6 after a few months of hard training. gettin back in shape as we speak tho....been hittin up the company weightroom after work, and i'm gettin lean as a muthafucka! excited about keeping my health a top priority and seeing how it helps my attitude and overall sense of well-being. marlon told me at 215 he still clocks 4.4s and runs the 100m in 10.3

PostPosted: 08/03/08 11:34:08 AM 

Chris P. wrote:
is skep on that HGH?

hahaha. don't believe marlon's crazy ass! i should get back on that creatine once i am down to 215 or so, and be a solid 225 machine!

PostPosted: 08/03/08 11:35:14 AM 

Chris P. wrote:
I wanted to get some OL/DL for the skins, but we took what fell to us and loaded up for the West Coast Offense. Jason Campbell gotta be happy as shit. Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly? Damn yo, depth for days.

and Eddie Royal goin 42 overall to the Broncos? Damn I'm really happy for my homie. I didn't think he'd secure a spot that high. He's a baller though, he'll hold his own.

damn, i really didn't realize the solid number of receivers washington picked up...excited to see them play tonight if i get a chance (no cable). i'm really lookin for them to be a surprise team this year in that case, should those wideouts/tight end pan out

PostPosted: 08/03/08 11:35:45 AM 

MarlonJackson wrote:
Mendenhall!

love that dude! if i liked big ben at all, steelers would be my squad right now.