Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - NBA 08/09 thread

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/14/19 08:34:13 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 11/03/08 10:54:49 PM 

lets get into it...

Basketball: NBA star Iverson traded from Nuggets to Pistons

DETROIT, Michigan (AFP) — Allen Iverson was traded from Denver to the Detroit Pistons on Monday in a major National Basketball Association deal that could improve the title chances of both clubs.
The 33-year-old guard, in the final year of a contract worth 21.9 million dollars this season, went to the Pistons while guard Chauncey Billups, forward Antonio McDyess and Senegalese center Cheikh Samb were sent to the Nuggets.
"We are pleased to welcome Allen Iverson to the Pistons organization," said Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars said.
"Allen has proven he is one of the elite players in the league and we like what he adds to our roster at the guard position."
Iverson, in his 13th NBA season, has played for Denver since being traded from Philadelphia in December of 2006 alongside Carmelo Anthony but the dynamic duo has never made the team into a contender.
The switch would send Iverson to a perennial title contender. Even though the Pistons last won the crown in 2004, they were in the 2005 NBA Finals and lost in the Eastern Conference final each of the past three seasons.
Detroit was ousted in the playoffs by Dwyane Wade-led Miami in 2006, LeBron James-sparked Cleveland last year and reigning NBA champion Boston last year as superstar talent overcame the Pistons' team-based, defense-minded philosophy.
Iverson, a four-time NBA scoring champion, is averaging 18.7 points and 6.7 assists after three games of the new season. He boasts career averages of 27.7 points and 6.3 assists a game.
Iverson was named the NBA Most Valuable Player in 2001 when he helped lift Philadelphia to the NBA Finals, where the 76ers lost to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Denver-born Billups, 32, is averaging 12.5 points and 7.5 assists this season, his 12th in the NBA and seventh in Detroit.
McDyess, 34, began his 13-season career with the Nuggets, although this is his fifth campaign with the Pistons.

Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 11/04/08 01:04:52 PM 

Joe Dumars is a freakin genius

PostPosted: 11/09/08 05:57:19 PM 

i think denver got the better deal.

PostPosted: 11/09/08 06:28:35 PM 

it's actually a good deal for both teams.........for the Nuggets, they have a much better chance at winning now that they have Billups to distribute the ball to Anthony, JR Smith, Kleiza, etc., for the Pistons, getting Iverson is no-risk, he comes off the cap at the end of the season and keeps them competitive while they wait for the youngsters to develop

PostPosted: 11/13/08 01:08:41 AM 

who seen oden get his first points on that dunk...??
and rudy fernandez killed the heat,,,,

wade needs to come back to the chi...

PostPosted: 11/13/08 02:07:46 AM 

1nesol wrote:
who seen oden get his first points on that dunk...??
and rudy fernandez killed the heat,,,,

wade needs to come back to the chi...

Won't happen

PostPosted: 11/14/08 04:13:18 PM 

i dont see D-Wade leaving Miami, depending on what they get for Shawn Marion

PostPosted: 11/20/08 07:03:39 PM 

blazers wupped on my bulls... :(

PostPosted: 11/21/08 07:15:25 AM 

Man, Don't know what to think about my Stons! They went out west beat the Lakers, came back and beat the LeBrons, but then played the Celts and lost again!

I mean we're solid but obviously Boston is hittin on all cylinders right now. Apparently their bench outscored ours by 20 or more points. I mean yeah they put their bench in round the 3rd quarter but you gotta give it to Boston, they are a DEEP team. Eastern conference is definitely up this year.

As for my Stons I'm not counting them out for winnin the East yet, but theyre gonna have to bring McDyess back or bring in another big man to help out these young guys (Amir, Maxiel, Kwame Brown..lol) or else its Boston all day.

:beathorse:
C'mon Stons!

PostPosted: 11/25/08 05:50:49 PM 

ok, a few things.

1) The Lakers might get to 70 wins if they can stay healthy. That shit isnt likely to happen, but if it does, they could.

2) Lebron James is the mutherfuckin MVP ALREADY! Just give that shit to him. I've never seen anyone dominate the way this cat is. And its not so much him taking over games, its the way he does it. It's like a grown man playing against 6th graders and shit. I mean, it's really silly.

PostPosted: 11/25/08 08:25:43 PM 

Shaggy wrote:
ok, a few things.

1) The Lakers might get to 70 wins if they can stay healthy. That shit isnt likely to happen, but if it does, they could.

2) Lebron James is the mutherfuckin MVP ALREADY! Just give that shit to him. I've never seen anyone dominate the way this cat is. And its not so much him taking over games, its the way he does it. It's like a grown man playing against 6th graders and shit. I mean, it's really silly.

Scary thing is he's a free agent soon this year could see alot of stars trading places

PostPosted: 11/26/08 11:36:09 PM 

Conspiracy Theory wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
ok, a few things.

Scary thing is he's a free agent soon this year could see alot of stars trading places

like wade back in chitown............mwahahahahahahhahaha..
ill settle for bosh...
lebron this ..lebon that,,
dude aint going to win a championship...
..in the near future..

PostPosted: 11/27/08 03:07:24 AM 

1nesol wrote:
Conspiracy Theory wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
ok, a few things.

like wade back in chitown............mwahahahahahahhahaha..
ill settle for bosh...
lebron this ..lebon that,,
dude aint going to win a championship...
..in the near future..

Bosh is a beast if this guy eva gets sum real talent to play with watch out

PostPosted: 12/01/08 09:20:27 AM 

Lakers wont win 70 and thats coming from a fan of the team since Van Exel and Sedale Threaat

PostPosted: 12/01/08 01:52:33 PM 

Ghost Rida wrote:
Lakers wont win 70 and thats coming from a fan of the team since Van Exel and Sedale Threaat

they might not win 70 but if they stay healthy they will win 60 for sure

PostPosted: 12/03/08 01:19:37 AM 

d.rose was killing the sixers on sunday...

PostPosted: 12/04/08 01:06:11 PM 

Raptors fired Mitchell last nite i hope they get focussed in a hurry

PostPosted: 12/04/08 02:18:31 PM 

not much they could do really, not unless JO magically starts staying healthy or they acquire some legit wing players

PostPosted: 12/10/08 05:46:02 PM 

I like this trade for the Suns.

Suns trade Bell, Diaw for Bobcats' Richardson

Posted Dec 10 2008 7:31PM

PHOENIX (AP) -- Phoenix traded Raja Bell and Boris Diaw to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday as part of a deal that sent Jason Richardson to the Suns.

Rookie point guard Sean Singletary also went to Charlotte, while the Suns got small forward Jared Dudley and a 2010 second-round draft pick.

"We felt like we needed to shake things up a little bit," Suns general manager Steve Kerr said in a telephone interview. "We wanted to add a great scorer in the backcourt to give us better balance to take some of the pressure off of Steve [Nash]."

The 6-foot-6 Richardson is a two-time NBA slam dunk champion and an accomplished 3-point shooter who is averaging 18.7 points this season and 18.8 for his pro career.

Bell, a first-team all-defensive team selection in 2006-07 and second team last season, had made it clear he was not happy with the Suns' switch from coach Mike D'Antoni's high-flying style to the more deliberate approach of new coach Terry Porter. He was averaging 9.4 points per game this season.

The versatile Diaw had seen his playing time dwindle behind Amare Stoudemire. The Suns still liked his skills but not his salary. He earns $9 million this season and has three more years on his contract.

Dudley, a 6-foot-7 second-year pro, started seven games for Charlotte this season.

PostPosted: 12/10/08 06:31:59 PM 

this is one of those rare trades that actually makes good sense for both teams, if Larry Brown can find a way to get Diaw playing hard again, plus they weren't going anywhere an Okafor/Wallace/Richardson core......you have to figure that if the Suns can't win with Nash, J-Rich, Barnes, Amare, and Shaq with Barbosa, Lopez, Grant Hill, etc. off the bench, then they need to blow that team up and start over