Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - De La Hoya VS Pacquiao

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 08/20/19 12:59:10 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: De La Hoya VS Pacquiao
PostPosted: 01/10/09 08:40:09 AM 

Funkytoez wrote:
Mayweather has that cocky confidence about him that he'll certainly come out of retirement to face Pacquiao should he beat Hatton, especially if the money's correct, regardless whether Pacquiao kicks the shit out of Hatton or the fight's close. He knows this is another huge payday and even though I am not a big Mayweather fan, I can't deny he's a great fighter and he can beat Pacquiao. I'm not saying he will but he definitely can. I want to see them fight because it's a fan's fight and the TRUE dream match. Both fighters are still in their primes and it would produce some real fireworks.

It is what most boxing fans would like to see I suppose, something in me says it would be a boring fight. You'll just see a frustrated Pacquiao and an evasive Mayweather until they go to the scorecard.

PostPosted: 01/10/09 10:03:02 PM 

A telling fight will be how Pacman performs against Hatton. If he dominates him the same way Mayweather did it shapes up to be a classic. Styles make fights, and Pacquiao's unrelenting action-packed style versus Mayweather's slick boxing and deceptive punching style should create one for the books. I seriously doubt it would end up like De La Hoya-Mayweather, which to this day I still wish I could get a refund for ordering.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

PostPosted: 01/16/09 04:12:24 PM 

floyd looked human against zab judah when they fought, up until zab started to gas. in manny you have a not only a fast handed, but a very fleet-footed fighter who has a gas tank to go 15 rounds if need be...throw in the fact that he's a southpaw and you've got a great threat to floyd.

at 130/135 we've seen floyd been able to dance around the ring at light speed very easily for the entirity of a fight. at the higher weights he still shows great foot movement and speed, but is much more keen to stay in the pocket and fight on the inside as the fight goes on. it's amazing how he is able to beat larger, stronger guys at their own game while standing right in front of him, a true testament to his boxing skills, the guy never gets physically manhandled.

as an oppponent, manny is a different story as he doesn't stay in one place for very long. for a power puncher, he is very mobile and darts in and out whilst throwing power punches. that fancy shoulder rolling/shell defense that floyd uses won't work that well against manny's constant movie and left-handedness. i see floyd using a high guard trying to walk manny down early on, and u can guarantee manny will be getting countered a lot in this fight. marquez was able to hurt manny badly with his counter punches and floyd is a master at it.

even still, manny is a safer challenge than cotto or margarito at this point, so it's a fight that he should take when he plans to come back (and he will come back, who the hell does he think he's kidding). i'm not saying manny would beat him, and floyd should rightfully be the favorite in this bout, but i don't think it'll be a cakewalk for him by any means.

PostPosted: 01/27/09 04:34:14 PM 

DE LA HOYA got worked! ....he just needs to retire, for good.

PostPosted: 01/29/09 07:46:25 PM 

musicluv2 wrote:
DE LA HOYA got worked! ....he just needs to retire, for good.

NAZI GERMANY got worked!...that fool Hitler needs to kill himself, for good.