Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - NFL Thread 2008/09

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 01/17/20 10:01:12 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL Thread 2008/09
PostPosted: 09/08/08 08:35:09 AM 

Week 1 was full of excitement, surprises, and disappointments.

It must suck right now to be a Patriots fan. Your lord and savior might be out for the entire season, but dont lose hope. Matt Cassel played well for somebody that hasn't had a snap since high school (The ironic thing is he was a backup for Matt Leinart at U.S.C., who has lost his job to Kurt Warner, and now Cassel could lead a team into the playoffs). I dont think you can count the Patriots out even without Brady, for their offensive line is one of the best in the league. They have some of the finest offensive weapons (Moss, Welker, Maroney) in the league.

The AFC East is wide open now due to the Brady situation, because Favre has brought life to the Jets. They still have alot of work to do, but they could actually win their division. crazy right? Mr. Encinas, I know you feel good about the Dolphins now. Pennington had a good game yesterday. Im expecting good things out of them this year. I think Chad gives them something they haven't had in awhile. A quarterback with an arm. No need to worry about the Bengals, they will finish dead last.

My Colts took an L yesterday, and I'll be the first to say that they deserved it. Sloppy ass defense and offense, it was like watching a preseason game, because they never win those. Opening night in our brand new stadium and we get destroyed. Im not worried about Peyton, im just worried about our D. That nigga Forte was running all over our ass. We cant win letting rookies rush for over 140 yards. Its insane. Peace to Lovie, and peace to Kyle Orton he looked poised last night. I bet Rex Grossman wants to kill himself.

Alot of other good games yesterday, that I would love to yap on and on about, but I got to go to work now.

Post subject: Re: NFL Thread 2008/09
PostPosted: 09/08/08 12:54:07 PM 

Definitely happy with my Phins. OL struggled but that's to be expected with 3 new starters including two rookies on the OL. Pennington played well but I hope he doesn't have to throw 42 times again this year. Going to take the OL a few more games to start to gel, but when they do Ronnie and Ricky should be getting 30+ carries combined a game. The defense looked solid with all those rookies out there and there's a good chance we win that game if Favre didn't get that pray answered on 4th and 13. They played better in this one game then they ever did last season so I'm pleased.

As for the rest of the AFC. It should be exciting to see what happens with Brady going down. I have Pittsburgh as the favorites to go to the Superbowl in the AFC. The Colts can still contend but they looked pretty bad against the Bears, but I don't expect that to last. Peyton is too good to late that team slip when they have this huge opportunity with Brady out. The Colts D was surprisingly terrible but they've had trouble against the run for awhile now. Hopefully for the Colts it's because of the ankle injuries to Mathis and Brock and they can get healthy again. As much as it hurts for me to say this I think Buffalo could surprise people and sneak into that Wild Card spot or possibly win the division. I know their special teams helped them a lot against Seattle but their offense still outscored the Hawks. They have a good young defense and a stud at RB in Lynch. If Trent Edwards can be efficient and not turn the ball over. I don't see why the Bills couldn't make the post-season.

PostPosted: 09/08/08 04:58:15 PM 

MrEncinas wrote:
As much as it hurts for me to say this I think Buffalo could surprise people and sneak into that Wild Card spot or possibly win the division. I know their special teams helped them a lot against Seattle but their offense still outscored the Hawks. They have a good young defense and a stud at RB in Lynch. If Trent Edwards can be efficient and not turn the ball over. I don't see why the Bills couldn't make the post-season.

damn, i wanted to be the one to break this to people...........i haven't been this excited to open a season since Flutie was under center

PostPosted: 09/08/08 10:11:40 PM 

My main man Eddie Royal simply fried DeAngelo Hall and the Raiders tonight. Crazy a rook is going to be leading the league in receiving yards after week 1 (And Jay Cutler might as well book a Pro Bowl ticket if he plays this way all season). His route running is so nice. I don't know how VA Tech didn't get him the ball more. Anyway that has me boosted. That and Steven Doodoo Jackson gettin kill't by Sheldon Brown in the Eagles/Rams game.

Raiders might as well get that #1-2 pick ready for next year.

PostPosted: 09/08/08 10:42:07 PM 

Ghost Rida wrote:
MrEncinas wrote:
As much as it hurts for me to say this I think Buffalo could surprise people and sneak into that Wild Card spot or possibly win the division. I know their special teams helped them a lot against Seattle but their offense still outscored the Hawks. They have a good young defense and a stud at RB in Lynch. If Trent Edwards can be efficient and not turn the ball over. I don't see why the Bills couldn't make the post-season.

damn, i wanted to be the one to break this to people...........i haven't been this excited to open a season since Flutie was under center

I fucking hate the Bills. :(

PostPosted: 09/09/08 02:54:30 PM 

turner ran all over the lions lol...

im happy forte came up for us..last year was horrible to watch,,bensons sorry ass..i was always mad that we got rid of jones,,but forte is looking good..

PostPosted: 09/12/08 12:06:58 PM 

they need to stop hyping up arron rodgers, i wanted forte as my 2nd back but someone snatched him up real quick

PostPosted: 09/14/08 08:31:06 PM 

fuck.

PostPosted: 09/14/08 09:58:17 PM 

The Colts still look mad sloppy. Tony Ugoh went out in the 3rd quarter, and so did Bob Sanders with an ankle injury. I swear to god, if another fuckin Colt gets injured.... :guns: We are running on fumes right now. Our D is an absolute travesty, and our O-line is ran by rookies. Peyton can't be himself, if he doesnt have a pocket to work with.

PostPosted: 09/15/08 02:30:38 PM 

Jesus christ my fantasy team needs some work.

Our league is good but my money league is not whats really good.

PostPosted: 09/16/08 04:02:54 AM 

haha Im not a Chargers fan but they got screwed. Fuck Shananhan though, I dont understand his logic of being proud of that W. A win is win but I dont understand how he can blame the chargers defence for losing that game when the Refs just gave him that win. Yea so what Cutler got it in the end zone, that lucky fuck fumbled the ball the previous play. That ref should be fired as an example, fuck the bullshit, refs are pulling these fucking stunts and getting away with it cause nothing happens to them. They just get evaluated and graded at the end of the year after their damage has been done.

PostPosted: 09/16/08 05:50:28 AM 

best MNF game in a long time..

PostPosted: 09/16/08 06:52:55 AM 

Dallas is the team to fuck with right now in the NFC. Im putting The Giants and Bills right behind them.

PostPosted: 09/16/08 11:53:15 AM 

Verbal Hulk wrote:
best MNF game in a long time..

PostPosted: 09/16/08 01:29:49 PM 

Black Scorcese wrote:
Im putting The Bills right behind them.

i don't think you can understand the mixture of terror and excitement Bills fans feel right now

PostPosted: 09/16/08 02:44:19 PM 

When did Buffalo get into the NFC????

just busting your chops hahah

PostPosted: 09/16/08 04:40:47 PM 

i meant the top 3 in the league right now. my bad for lack of clarification.

PostPosted: 09/17/08 03:49:01 AM 

Dallas is my team but they did give up alot of points that game, plus roy williams was huge lost.

PostPosted: 09/17/08 12:14:09 PM 

BOB SANDERS IS OUT FOR 6 WEEKS.......FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/17/08 10:23:32 PM 

Black Scorcese wrote:
BOB SANDERS IS OUT FOR 6 WEEKS.......FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge blow. Looks like the Colts are moving from 28th against the run to dead last. Only plus really is without Brady the Pats aren't the best team in the AFC. Outside of Pittsburgh the rest of the undefeated teams in the AFC haven't proven much or have some big question marks. Buffalo (young team), Tennessee (big questions on offense), New England (obvious), Denver (young offense, and old struggling defense), and Baltimore (just 1-0 and have a rookie starting QB). The Jags and Chargers surprisingly are 0-2 and that one win lead the Colts have on them is big considering the loss of Bob Sanders. The Colts are going to have to score more then 15 points per game if they're going to have any chance to stay afloat without Bob.