Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - The Union: The businees behind getting high

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/13/19 05:52:05 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Union: The businees behind getting high
PostPosted: 10/20/09 03:51:44 AM 

http://www.documentarytube.com/?p=127

This is a link to an interesting docuemntry about marijuana. Probably most of you already seen it. But some conclusions are very interesting, plus they pitch interesting details. Of course this seems a little biased but all in all it's a well made documentry.

Post subject: Re: The Union: The businees behind getting high
PostPosted: 10/20/09 09:21:21 AM 

Nice!

PostPosted: 10/27/09 07:05:38 PM 

domel wrote:
This is a link to an interesting docuemntry about marijuana. Probably most of you already seen it. But some conclusions are very interesting, plus they pitch interesting details. Of course this seems a little biased but all in all it's a well made documentry.

Yeah, this piece was very one-sided. But it did bring up some good, informative points and questions. Where it failed to me is where I felt like they were trying to drive home that marijuana itself is zero percent negative. I learned a lot more than I knew about hemp usage, though.

PostPosted: 10/27/09 07:38:34 PM 

What are the negative outcomes of smoking pot? Mild to moderate smoking versus abuse...

PostPosted: 10/28/09 02:18:23 AM 

One Term wrote:
domel wrote:

Yeah, this piece was very one-sided. But it did bring up some good, informative points and questions. Where it failed to me is where I felt like they were trying to drive home that marijuana itself is zero percent negative. I learned a lot more than I knew about hemp usage, though.

Exactly. What got me was how easy it is for a govenment to legalize/deligalize substances, products etc without the public having a say. Furthermore how much we buy into information without cross-checking them. But what's even worse is that we are becoming too lazy to do that, we somehow assume that whatever source we have is the right one, because it is the one most commonly repeated and we just go with the flow.

PostPosted: 10/28/09 03:24:19 AM 

even if biased do wed smokers kill people, the worst thing that happens is they annoy people kuss they cant stop laughing or they eat all your food lol, i liked this and i do beleive that canada will legalize marijuana ;)

PostPosted: 10/28/09 06:35:53 PM 

Conspiracy Theory wrote:
even if biased do wed smokers kill people, the worst thing that happens is they annoy people kuss they cant stop laughing or they eat all your food lol, i liked this and i do beleive that canada will legalize marijuana ;)

I don't see where either domel or myself even disagreed with anything from the flick. I agree with just about every idea given in it, actually. The only thing I wasn't feeling is how it came off as a sales pitch more than a fully informative piece. If you're going to bring it, bring the bad with the good cuz let's be honest: The people that would watch this type of thing in its entirety (and actually be moved by it) are not people who are opposed to the idea of having marijuana on the market, so there's really nothing for them to buy into.

I loved the video, just didn't love its entire approach. I can't front on that.

Free$peech wrote:
What are the negative outcomes of smoking pot? Mild to moderate smoking versus abuse...

Well... if you're smoking it, it's smoking. Along with all of its "healing" elements, smoke in your body just isn't healthy. Let's be real about that. Of course, there are alternative ways to get it in your system. And I'm not going to lie, I'd still be smoking it myself if I didn't have a job that busts random drug tests out.

Again, I say, nobody's opposing you here so far.

PostPosted: 10/28/09 06:43:58 PM 

domel wrote:
One Term wrote:

Exactly. What got me was how easy it is for a govenment to legalize/deligalize substances, products etc without the public having a say. Furthermore how much we buy into information without cross-checking them. But what's even worse is that we are becoming too lazy to do that, we somehow assume that whatever source we have is the right one, because it is the one most commonly repeated and we just go with the flow.

Been that way since the beginning of societies with those in power, from what I understand. Propaganda is a form of mental warfare waged on the masses to reach a goal without opposition. I always wondered what would really happen if we citizens actually treated this system like the Democracy it was written to be. How long would we stay a Democracy? Or would we be bamboozled into thinking the choices that are made are ours, when they're not?