Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Harlem vs. Bangladesh

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/17/19 03:13:54 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/10/01 08:20:00 PM 

I recently read in an article that said a person living in Bangladesh has more of a chance of reaching the age of 21 than a person living in Harlem. Now mind you, Bangladesh is one of the poorest countries in the world.

Just wanted to know what ya'll thought about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/10/01 10:37:00 PM 

I'm aware of the poverty and hunger stricken state of Bangaladesh but I'm not really up on the situation in Harlem, although I do know that its in NY and correct me if I'm wrong but its suppose to be a crime infested area?? Bloody hell, I hope that doesn't sound ignorant....I apologise now if it does...

Also the advent of hiphop is always
synonymous with The Bronx but was there a scene in Harlem as well??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/11/01 01:09:00 AM 

Sadly it is a reality of the world we are now living in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/11/01 08:36:00 AM 
word...sad but true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/11/01 11:39:00 AM 

I don't think thats necessarily true. I think the cats that wrote that got it twisted. Bangladesh is 3rd world, meanwhile Harlem isn't. Sure the murders will kick in for Harlem but I doubt that statement is tru.

M.U.N.I.R.= Many United Nations In Revolution

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/11/01 12:36:00 PM 

i cant really comment on the veracity of those statistics. i will say that some poverty, urban and rural, in the united states can be compared to 3rd world conditions. but, anyone who wants to go live in bangladesh, go be my guest. i'd still choose harlem or anywhere else in america over there any day of the week, especially if you a woman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/11/01 12:50:00 PM 

I don't know how accurate these, or any other statistcs are, but:

Men in Harlem are less likely to reach the age of 65 than in Bangledesh. Women, as compared to poor places in China, fall in terms of survival by 35 years old. Bangledesh is much lower on the poverty line than Harlem, by U.S standards.