Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - those crazy bio-manipulators.....

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/14/19 01:27:30 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/15/01 12:13:00 PM 

look at THIS:

Cloning, move over.

The powerful and potentially dark force that would give you a "mini-me" may soon be knocked off genetic engineering's center stage by an emerging laboratory effort to create life that is decidedly not as we know it.

In two separate research efforts, scientists have altered the very nature of nature by creating cells that break a cardinal rule of biology, incorporating an entirely new basic building block into their cellular structures. It is a first step on a path of neogenesis -- the creation of alternate life forms.

In several interviews, experts said the work will help scientists study our own terrestrial evolution and also investigate how life might have developed in unknown ways on other worlds.

Here's how it is happening:

All life is made up of cells built and operated by proteins, which in turn are made from 20 building blocks called amino acids. No one knows why only 20 are used, but that is an unbroken rule in all of biology throughout the history of life on Earth, from the smallest bacteria to the prettiest flower to the largest WWF wrestler.

By rewriting the genetic instructions inside bacteria, two separate research groups tricked the one-celled microscopic critters into incorporating a hitherto unused amino acid into the process of building proteins.

The work is reported in the April 20 issue of the journal Science.

the story went on, go read.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/g ... 501-1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/15/01 07:20:00 PM 

hmm..dangerous territory

Ive been slacking, used to read up on shit like this. I was at the orthodontist today however, and I read this article in Discovery while I was waiting on what scientists are doing to Mosquitos.

They are making like a new breed of Mosquito that is going to have an immune system that will rid it of any diseases that would have been carried. So in some ways I guess it is helping us, but I dont know. Maybe Im jus superstitious or feed into too much of what everyone else says, but I cant help but think even in that case, we shouldnt be tampering with that shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DRASTICS on 2001-05-15 22:21 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/16/01 07:36:00 AM 

I don't think this is amazing - AT ALL.
Because I'm not a scientist and consider with the mere tampering of nature - WRONG in the first place.
How can the universe and the Earth let all its secrets become so 'available' to these crazed-scientists?!?!???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/16/01 10:08:00 AM 
word...when will we draw the line? soon..Star Trek and Star Wars will soon be a reality where we live among cyborgs and half aliens. Bananas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/17/01 10:30:00 AM 

I don't know how I feel about shit like this.