Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Protect us from ourselves?

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 08/22/19 06:45:50 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/06/01 06:29:00 PM 

This might come off as slightly ridiculous to you, but i was just recently thinking about the Firework laws in Baltimore, or Maryland. (It just being the 4th of July and everything). Fireworks are illegal in Maryland, all but sparklers. The reason why the government decided to make them illegal here, is beecause of people getting hurt.

Now the real question isnt that "Why are fireworks illega", but it is, do you think that the Government has the right to protect us from ourselves?

.........and i cant believe that Benwah is a modifier. (j/k dawg)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/06/01 06:52:00 PM 

i didnt know they were completely illegal in md...i know here in va we can light stuff but alot of the good stuff is illegal...i think the law is more to protect others then ourselves..i have seen some fucked up shit people do with fireworks(complete disreguard for others safety) throwing them at people, animals, shooting them at houses....i think people just had enough...also some of the bigger stuff is dangerous as fuck..shit is like mini dynamite

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/07/01 03:33:00 PM 

white mike is back :eek: j/k I think that its not just to protect the one setting them off but the innocent people who get in the way. I think they are dangerous (im in MD)...I watched someone get totally fucked up when I was a kid, traumatized me for life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/07/01 08:46:00 PM 

thnx for the greeting Kisapele.

I see what you meen. But the thing that i am really trying to say i guess is, not so much the fireworks (that was only an example), but the fact that the government having control over protecting us from ourselves.

But i see now more of where both of you are coming from, for some odd reason it never hit me to look at it this way. But it might not have anything to do with us hurtin ourselves, but us hurting others.

And now that i look at it, the states that they are legal in, are states that have less people (Kisapele, you know that MD is way overcrowded with people and absolutely no real open areas except for way up north), so it makes sense to me looking at it from that concept.

I guess what i am thinking more towards would end up getting deeper with the part of the government having control over things that they shouldnt.

But it all depends on the siuation.
Thnx for the Input guys.

peace, love

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/08/01 07:51:00 AM 

I think anytime you mix alcohol and explosives just serves as potential for disaster. Think about when fireworks are set off? Usually when people are drunk as shit on some holiday, right? So you figure a majority of these idiots are gonna be like beavis and butthead when they get drunk,"Huh Huh...fireworks are cool...huh huh."
Then his boys are all like,"Yeah Yeah...fire...BANG...yeah yeah."

Obviously this is becoming clearer, but anyways if it didn't hurt innocent people and took these idiots out of the gene pool, I'd be giving M-80s and half-sticks of TNT to them.