Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Ever Wonder Islamic Oppression??!?!!

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/14/19 01:53:06 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 07:42:00 PM 

i received this letter from a cuzin of mine, i read this, and it explains exactly how i feel abuot why Muslims are oppressed in the west...

Ever Wonder....

Why a nun can be covered from head to toe and she's respected for devoting herself to God, but when a Muslimah does that, she's "oppressed"?
Why a jew can grow a beard and he's just practicing his faith, and when a Muslim does that, he's an extremist?
When a western woman stays at home to look after the house and kids she's sacrificing herself and doing good for the household, but when a Muslim woman does so, she "needs to be liberated"?
Why is it that when a child dedicates himself to a subject, he has potential, and when a child dedicates himself to Islam, he is
hopeless?
When a christian kills someone, religion is not mentioned, (i.e. IRA) but when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam that goes to trial?
But then again, why is it after all that, Islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world?

NUFF SAID

The First, The Last, The One, The Only, "THE CHOSEN"

"Manifested by the Word!"

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 09:22:00 PM 

true that.

all minorities face stereotypes and prejudices before their eventual rise in society.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 02:42:00 AM 

True that...still...Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 12:57:00 PM 

<b4 cats jump on me for saying this, this is comin from a Muslim>

People need to stop saying "so n so's religion is being persecuted n oppressed by so n so's religion" cuz everybody no matter what belief, race etc. is being screwed over by the next man....everyone is being persecuted n oppressed by others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 02:18:00 PM 

not true Munya... when i posted this letter, i wasn't pertaining to percecution... but when u hear on the news about a guy named Muhammad who was charged for attempted murder because he was defending himself... you won't hear an unbias remark... you'll hear the anchor say;
"A 23 year old Muslim college student was tried today for attempted murder of his roomate."
if the kid's name was Jon and he was christian, would he mention that? i'm not being extreme about anything, but i'm sayin' this from a first hand POV... kno what i mean... i've been there, in the courts... there was a big thing that happened on this topic that i don't wanna get into, but i wouldn't say it if it weren't true...
again i'm saying that i'm no radical on this topic, but it does make me kinda pissed when others begin to see my brothers and sister practicing their beliefs in the west, and being stereotyped for it... feel me?

plus, Religion isn't an obsticle or barrior for true knowledge... the person's own mind state is... if it's open, there's no barrior, if they're close minded, there's a wall blocking the world and they only accept from their point of view which does happen when kats from certain religions take the defensive on topics... know what i mean?

Love OUT

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 03:47:00 PM 

"Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom..."

Islam isn't a religion, it's a lifestyle. But the person who said it (Killah Priest) don't need to be talking, his second LP was so f'ing hypocritical it's not even funny. His first one was good though.

True that, whenever a Muslim does a crime they throw in his religious status, and when a minority does a crime that throw in his racial status. Also, have you noticed that a lot of people with Muslim names aren't even Muslims themselves. I know a couple of Abdullahs and Rahims who don't consider themselves Muslims, but if they were ever arrested or something, they would quickly be associated with Islam. I dunno, shit's annoying. People need to be treated as individuals instead of as representations of their religious/racial group.

And if you don't agree with me, Mr. T got my back, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 05:25:00 PM 

Manifest,

I've already been to court over my own stupidness so I know a little something about how ish goes down there. Over here in North America (n in many other places) its a white man's world n we r the simple odd but complaining (u ain't really but I don't know how to say it) ain't gonna do ish for us. Point blank what I'm trying to say is everybody gets oppressed so get over it, get up n do better for yourself/situation.

Duck,

Yeah the Muslim tag carries along w/ us when we do something but when u got idiots (say the Talibans) in Islam we r gonna b looked upon as that as unfair as it may seem. They don't say it was that person or that small group of people, they take it to the next step n say its the "muslims" who r doing so n such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 09:25:00 PM 

word Munir... but this is far from complaining, anything but... just sayin' "white man's land" is already known to be racist, biased and stereotypical... i knew that in depth way before this letter i posted... but to see how so, and how compared to others really makes you see how... and to let others aware of the problem is something OBLIGATORY... maybe not complaining or bitching... but educating like i did at my school by starting the districts first club... a year later i haven't heard any stereotypes, quite the contrary, i'm more respected now that the religion's well known and that what was being oppressed, ridiculed and made fun of is something to be respected... feel me... so the people u kno r probably goin' about it all wrong, cuz getting defensive, makes others offended... and this leads to arguements and disputes... and let me gues, by the way to speak, i can already tell ur Paki huh? yup, no stereo typing, but i can say by having paki freinds, that the elders DO NOT know how to handle these situations... it's shameful really...
Salam OUT

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/26/01 10:01:00 AM 

what up...i have muslim friends, and due to the BULLSHIT going on in the middle east, they feel obligated that because im jewish not to be down with me anymore....i was chilling with this one cat, smoking from the hooka, and when i told him i was jewish he changed his whole attitude towards me...i think this whole situation is fucked up...i agree that its shitty though about the whole " a MUSLIM student..." as opposed to " student..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/26/01 01:01:00 PM 

word Jazzy... the shit hasn't affected me much towards my freinds since i barely have anymore that are jewish... i feel that what's going on over there is over there... no hard feelings towards my faith, i hav none towards yours... more on an individual level... however if i was out there, it would be different since all the Jews would go postal on me... but no hard feelings... keep reppin' your faith...
Salam and Shaloam

p.s. what city u from DJ JJ?

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/26/01 04:04:00 PM 

yeah man I am a Paki n i'll admit ur right we don't handle issues like that very well. Manifest what r u?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/26/01 07:39:00 PM 

i simply consider myself muslim... no race, no trace...
PEACE

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/27/01 09:25:00 AM 

im from south florida, but go to school at university of florida.......i respect your thoughts on the culture difference, i just wish that everybody thought like you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/27/01 11:16:00 AM 

Ha Ha I figured u out Manifest! U r really NFD10 cuz when I asked NFD that question u said the same ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/27/01 03:31:00 PM 

sooo u think i'm someone else cuz i said what? i'm muslim without a race? ok... so what if i am this NFD10 kid... so what... anyway... childsplay... nice detective work, but i'd hate to disappoint u Munya... oh well..
PEACE

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/28/01 08:51:00 AM 

NFD please...ur acting childish drop the bds man. I figured u out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/28/01 02:02:00 PM 

"Point blank what I'm trying to say is everybody gets oppressed so get over it, get up n do better for yourself/situation."

Munya, why be passive about the issue when you can do what Manifest did, and actually take charge and be active in educating people about something you feel is wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/29/01 08:22:00 AM 

It ain't about me being passive its just that outside of the people u know almost nobody will care to hear ur problems/worries. They'll just pass u by, meaning ur on ur own...so do for self, don't depend on anybody (especially the government) to change ur predicament.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/29/01 08:10:00 PM 

LMAO... who said ANYTHING abuot going to the gov't... that would make the situation worse... you go to the people that don't kno anything about the situation first... this way they hav no bias, no one has told them bullshit and you could make a big difference... the people are the power bro... not the gov't... u just gotta kno how to work the system... and i'm not sure how it works in Canada, but in So Cal, u could work miracles with the power to knowledge, patience and human relations... read the book "How to Win Freinds and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie and you'll know what i mean...
one person IS a difference in these cases... thanx to the freinds i let know about Islam back in Elementry, whole communities in my city are behind us because they know we're good people with good intentions... THE POWER OF A SENTENCE
PEACE

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/30/01 09:02:00 AM 

the american government is bullshit right now, they are just doing whatever makes them look good in the situation,,,george bush is a dumb moron who doenst know how to wipe his own ass, let alone get involved in such a serious situation,,,,us govnt intervention is a mistake i think....UN should intervene though.....make it more global,,