Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - cold war

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/17/19 03:12:12 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/05/01 05:36:00 AM 

i heard that if america and russia were to have had a nuclear war america would have lost.some thing to do with russia being a command economy .how true is that

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/08/01 06:09:00 PM 

well..if at that time a nuclear war were to occur, Russia was not equipped with the h-bomb the u.s was just beginning to build. Yet if you are looking at it from a sociological point, the Russians did have an economy and social order that was based on dominance from one individual, yet went under the name of Communism, when in fact its ideals and practices really could have more clearly defined as a dictatorship.
This relates
to your question in the sense that this structure of Russia would have allowed for the country to demand of individuals what the United States could not. Therefore, while the U.S would have been contemplating and dealing with the nation to calm down, Russia would have simply gone ahead with any plans whether or not it was backed by the majority.
Well..
hopefully some if n e question was anwered.

NAG NAG NAG

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/08/01 06:22:00 PM 

i watched this documentary on russia once late night, and it was saying that about 10 years ago or something, they were about 20 years ahead of us in genetic warfare, they had bombs that would combine all kinds of bad diseases or something, i cant really remember too much, it was like 2 years ago when i saw this thing, but if we had went to war then with them, we woulda lost bad is what it was saying, cause they would have killed off most of our population without us knowing, by these genetic warfare bombs.
also it was saying that when the economy there declined, most of these weapons were sold to terrorist at the highest bid, by the scientists....so they're still out there somewhere.....crazy stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/08/01 06:46:00 PM 

No offence, but y'all are misinformed. Russia never had the nuclear arsenal that we did. Our propaganda machine asserted that they were more of a threat than they really were in order to perpetuate the (cold) war economy that funneled money from our economy to the richest 1% (those that perpetrated the cold war myth). The U.S.S.R. was never a dictatorship, but there was an extreme concentration of power amongst the soviet military heirarchy. As far as the claim that are people were soft due to our freedom...that's a bit of an exageration. While we certainly had more personel freedoms than the soviets did, you have to take into account that the cold war climate was considerably different than our current socio-political climate. In the 40's and 50's, moral devience was strictly discouraged and intellectual questioning was commonly punished (peep the communist witch hunt that took place under the helm of senator McCarthy *spelling*, as well as the constant censorship that was perpetrated against artist such as Lenny Bruce, Allen Ginsberg, etc....).

Don't get it twisted - in many ways we were just as much mindless sheep as the soviets were (check out the whitewashed concept of suburbia portrayed on such shows as "Leave it to Beaver," "The Donna Reed Show" and "The Andy Griffith Show" - just to name a few). *Our* propaganda machine asserted that the Soviets were exclusively to blame for the tensions in the cold war, which is a straight up lie. It wasn't until the sixties until shit started loosening up. I minored in Political Sociology - concentrating in Propaganda and the Elite Power Structure. I could go on for days about this shit, but to be honest it kinda depresses me. I prefer the science of hip hop.

Peace