Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - can i get some privacy with that pizza order?

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/15/19 11:56:29 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/08/01 12:20:00 PM 

i took this from the forbidden knowledge site, was interesting.......enjoy.

By 2005, the government will be able to track you down through your cell phone.

Cell-phone manufacturers are under a federal mandate to equip mobiles with location-tracking technology beginning this October. By 2005, 95 percent of all cell phones must be able to be traced with an accuracy of about 1,000 feet or better.

While such phones could be lifesavers in an emergency, the order from the Federal Communications Commission has raised serious questions about invasion of privacy.

"For most people, it’s a very scary proposition that the government can use not only your mobile phone but your Palm Pilots ... and any other mobile device to track your every movement," said attorney Albert Gidari, of the Perkins and Coie law firm in Seattle.

Making mobile phones capable of tracking users' locations will involve planting GPS chips in the handsets or installing new infrastructure in cell sites.

Cellular providers plan commercial uses for the technology, such as getting directions if someone is lost, finding nearby restaurants or locating family members and friends who have gotten separated in a crowd.

"Wireless operators already know where consumers are by virtue of the fact that the phone is on," pointed out Ken Arneson, the chief strategy officer at Telecommunication Systems, a provider of the location-tracking technology. "What’s different here is that now carriers are looking to commercialize that and need to do that to offset the cost of putting this technology in place."

He estimated that it could cost billions of dollars to outfit the 110 million cell phones in this country with the tracking mechanism.

Some worry the technology will be used in other ways, with providers selling information to merchants or worse: stalkers or abusive relatives.

"If the fundamental principles of privacy aren’t in place, there will be a revolt against the widespread use of the technology," Gidari said.

Arneson said the privacy issue is being taken seriously and is one of the chief considerations in going forward with installing the technology.

"We as a company believe that there will be privacy solutions in place ... that essentially allow consumers to opt in and opt out of these various services," Arneson said. "Privacy is an enormous concern."

— Fox News’ Jonathan Serrie contributed to this report

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/08/01 04:12:00 PM 

I'm surprised that it hasn't happened already.
I thought cellphone tracking was already being done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/08/01 05:16:00 PM 

it's saying that it just started or something, but yeah, i heard that it'd been going on for a while too.. hmm.. who knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/09/01 11:31:00 AM 

damn all those calls i made to bill, have been heard? damn he told me the line was "secure" and we could do what we want on cell phone that lieing bastard of a x-president.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/09/01 01:44:00 PM 

Get over it yo. The government tracks you in many ways. They have mainframe computers screening e-mail and telephone calls. They have access to our transaction history with our credit cards and bank accounts. They have access to our phone calling records. In most major retail stores and business districts across the Nation there's security camera's watching over us when we walk in buildings or when we are in the parking lot or even when we walk on the sidewalk. There's even camera's at inner-sections on city streets, camera's on freeways and camera's even at a lot of our apartments. There's no such thing as privacy anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/10/01 10:40:00 AM 

villa likes to dance for the cameras in HIS apartment.

ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/10/01 01:45:00 PM 

Thats why I'm glad I got a pager. Can't get any real useful info from a pager.

M.U.N.I.R.= Many United Nations In Revolution

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/10/01 03:01:00 PM 

Yes, weve all been tagged by the government for many years, with social security being one of the first ways. Now days almost every interaction with another human or machine you take place in is being scanned by the gov't. For instance, if you are in a metropolitan area you are recorded on video six times an hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/10/01 03:59:00 PM 

i like the fact that they are watching me, i hope they see when i jerk off, and that time i took a shit behind a dumpster after drinking 2 40's.

i get off harder on knowing that they see me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/11/01 08:41:00 AM 
hmm...what to do now? is there anything we can do? do we juss allow this to happen? where does this end?

unlike mesa...i'm sure not all of us enjoy some sucka chumpz watchin us. LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/11/01 12:36:00 PM 

ha and they actually want us to think that it's allll for our protection..