one of the best releases of the NW right now. gaining a lot of attention...here is the review as posted on [url]superhappywax.com[/url]
the album can be bought at [url]rascion.com[/url]
snippets can be heard at http://myspace.com/rascion
Let me begin this review by just saying that RA Scion is one of the most consciously effective rappers out there right now, and this album truly shows it.
Gaining attention from local media as well as the ears of KRS One for a Northwest Release tour, since this album has dropped people have been shocked.
1. Be Fresh - strarting off with the sound of a train, turning into an amazing Sabzi beat being laced with a great introductory verse from RA, dope chorus, ill beat and great meaning. Really sets the listener off craving more. 5/5
2. Push - great song, when i first hear the beat i had no idea how RA would approach it, but he really did it great...lyrically one of my favorite tracks. 5/5
3. G'dang Diggy - love this song, a great chance to reflect our spot in this culture and the rest of the heads in the scene. pretty much makes me think, how we gonna make a real mark? RA explains that he's seen things in another land that have built who he is and given him a different perspective. 5/5
4. Connect For - i've had this song on repeat for a while. naming off practically every head in the Seattle scene right now and calling them out for peace....basically, we need to connect and build if we want to bring this scene to where it could be. 6/5
5. Crossblow - amazing beat, dope lyrics lace it. what more can i say. 5/5
6. Every Last One - good lyrics, nice beat...this is one of the tracks that i feel the least...i think the vibe is just different. Not a bad song, just seems like the weaker link of the album. 4/5
7. Poison - very relaxing, makes me think about all the toxins i've embodied within me that shouldn't be there. dope beat. 5/5
8. Trinity - LOVE this beat. "i represent with mind body and soul" RA laces it properly. great message. 5/5
9. Kampo - instrumental. very relaxing, nice intermission from such hardcore ripping it. haha.
10. Love One - makes me feel like i'm in junior high again. real dope message, awesome beat. RESPECT WOMEN YA'LL! 5/5
11. Succor MC's - this one is directed towards the youth of hip hop. the future of tomorrow, RA seems to be one of the only emcees that wants to build with the youth, realizing that they're the hip hop scene of the future. Good message, really speaks to me at least. 5/5
12. My Pathology - ill spitting. crazy beat. 4/5
13. Keep Track - awesome song. very strong imagery. can really vibe to it. 4/5
14. Doors - perfect ending track. Wonderful lyrics, smooth beat...great message. 5/5
Many underground emcees whole get up is that their lyrics are supposed to make you think. RA Scion is one of those emcees that doesn't complicate his lyrics, keeps it real and is still able to really get into ur brain and make u think for yourself. This album has been in my rotation since I got it. One of Seattle's strongest producers teaming up with one of the NW greatest lyricists created this amazing piece of artwork, and i really just can't wait to hear more.
let's connect ya'll.
overall album rating::: 5/5
Despite a couple of tracks near the end of the album that didn't seem to stand up with the rest of it's strong backing, this album had amazing songs that can really connect with the soul.