Label : SoulSpazm (2005)
Production : All tracks by Marco Polo (trk 13 by Moss)
1. Alkaline “N” Acid feat. Raiden (4)
2. Authentic feat. D.V. Alias Khryst (4)
3. I Just Wanna Rhyme
4. Trifactor feat. Supastition & Wordsworth (4)
5. Grenades (4,5)
6. DP ONE Interlude
7. Rock On (4)
8. Anything (4)
9. Swordfish feat. Archrival (3,5)
10. Emcee (4) (nice to see that someone still remembers how wack Diddy really is)
11. Jukebox (4) (concepts been done before but Pumpkinhead still does a good job of this)
12. The Best (3,5)
13. Monkey Shine feat. The Plague (4)
14. Here (5) (this is fucking insane!)
15. Anthem For The End Of The World feat. Jean Grae & Chas (4)
Overall : 4/5
I completely forgot about Pumpkinhead! Sure i checked the Brooklyn Academy projects some years ago but they never caught my attention for some reason (very strange since i really like Word-A-Mouf...) so I was very surprised when the record store was playing this album.
It takes you back to the sound of the late 90s but it doesn't sound like some old stuff from the cutting floor. The production courtsey of newcomer Marco Polo is varied with some nice scratches (provided by DP One). Pumpkinheads voice is very special and some people might grow tired of it very fast but I like his style especially becasue he rides the beats perfect. The guest line (Jean Grae, Supastition, DV Khrist, Wordsworth) up is very impressing as well but they never outshine the main artist.
Unfortunately this will probably end up being one of the most slept on albums of 2005.