Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - James Two & Elliot B - SHOVEL

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 06/17/18 06:42:02 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: James Two & Elliot B - SHOVEL
PostPosted: 07/11/06 07:28:09 PM 

Emcee James Two welcomes us into the hip hop scene of Missoula, MT and the life of the active rapping record shop owner that's been so loyal to the culture and cultivation of tradition that upon first release puts out a magnificently balanced, well featured, artistically crafted album with coinciding production. Elliot B of course brings heat with more funky beats in the tradition of golden era hip hop. In a time where releases seem to either be incredibly dope or tragically mediocre, Shovel shows up in hip hop as a well balanced cd that you can't help but nod to and appreciate.

1. Introduction To Destiny - Incredible beat, a great introduction into the establishment and mentality of what is Shovel, a real personable piece of work. 4/5

2. Set Your Mind Free - Great party track that anyone would attest to playing in an energetic atmosphere. 4/5

3. Movement - Cruisin' song with great truths that all emcees could relate to. 5/5

4. Break The Bread - I find myself partial on this chorus, but I can't help its catchiness. Another tune that is very easy to relate to. 3/5

5. Point To Prove feat. 2Mex & Sleep (of Oldominion) - What can I say, 2Mex goes off. The scratching is great, beat is hypnotic. Sleep laces the track with quick lashing rhymes full of personable lyrics. James Two's verse is a great sum up and conclusion. 5/5

6. Hands Up - Love this beat. Wonderful energy and mood to this track. This is a definite song that I can easily say James Two & Elliot B were meant to make. 5/5

7. Adventures of Shovelface - A soulful look at the thematic vibe that makes our hero of the day, Shovelface. 3/5

8. Git Down feat. Locke - Great beat, great chorus. On point fun lyrics. 3/5

9. Ghetto Blaster Music - Who can't relate to this? 4/5

10. Soul of a Player - I guess some would call me a sucker for a well constructed heart-felt love song. As soon as I heard the sample this was my favorite track, the lyrics complimented everything perfectly and was incredibly personable. 5/5

11. Elephant Graveyard - Nice beat, nice lyrics. A much more poetic side of the two. 4/5

12. Dig feat. Sentence - Perfect. Fruitful flows from both emcees. Soulful chorus, and another banger from Elliot. 4/5

13. Radio - A lyrically great track for us true music junkies. Not too much of a fan of the beat and how the two match for the final product. 3/5

14. So Lost feat. Josh Martinez - Being a big fan of Josh "the peoples champ" Martinez, and following his growth and development in music; I can't help but love this track. James blesses it with a great verse as well that ultimately keeps up the momentum and pace of the song. 5/5

15. Talking Over Drums - Funky beat with awesome scratching and more personable lyrics from our emcee James Two. 3/5

16. Road Less Travelled - A perfect outro and way to say goodbye in a calm but reflective manner. 4/5

As time goes on I only enjoy listening to Shovel more. It's a bit too early to gaurantee it as one of those cd's that gets better and better with time, but so far it seems to be heading in that direction. One thing I'd like to see in any future releases by James Two is a little bit more diversity in the delivery between and within songs, but to each his own opinion. I will definitely leave this review saying, Shovel is a well balanced hip hop album, and a great first release for the group to grow with.

Overall Rating :: 4/5

for purchase and more detail visit http://www.hapiskratch.net/store/defaul ... ers_id=439