Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - DMX-Year Of The Dog....Again

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 06/17/18 06:35:51 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DMX-Year Of The Dog....Again
PostPosted: 07/22/06 03:32:24 PM 

1. Intro--only a minute and a half long, a hot beat and DMX spits a hard 16 3/5

2. We In Here f/ Swizz Beatz--Swizz laces this, chances are you've heard it by now, im still banging this, although his dissing of Rihanna is kinda puzzling 4/5

3. I Run Shit Here f/ Big Stan--Swizz gives X another classic hard beat to spit on, Stan brings nothing to the track but this track reminds me of old school X 4/5

4. Come Thru f/ Busta Rhymes--its Swizz again, giving X & Busta a beat perfect for both of their styles, easily the hottest track so far 5/5

5. It's Personal f/ Jadakiss & Styles-Kiss and P both wreck the track, another hard beat with a heavy bassline 4/5

6. Baby Mutha--finally, a more melodic track for X to spit about his baby mother troubles, the beat isnt all that, but X's candor gets the track over 3/5

7. Dog Love f/ Amerie--X makes his obligatory girly song, very strange to hear him and Amerie together, im on the fence about this joint, i dont see making its way into the regular rotation, but its not all bad 2.5/5

8. Wrong Or Right f/ Bazaar Royale--if you wanna hear DMX rap over a heavy metal track, go for it, that shit is not for me 0.5/5

9. Give 'Em What They Want--typical Scott Storch beat, nothing spectacular, but i didnt hit the skip button 3/5

10. Walk These Dogs f/ Kashmir--X spits over a sample, but the beat is too fast and whoever the girl is rapping on this sucks 1/5

11. Blown Away--finally, one of the slow introspective tracks we all know DMX is good at doing, a welcome departure from tracks displaying his crew and girly joints 3.5/5

12. Goodbye--the 'peace to my dead homies' song, but again, this is where X excels and the track works because of his storytelling and the beat tailor made for him to talk about about this type of subject 4/5

13. Life Be My Song--another song just like the last 2, but again, it works because this is DMX's lane, not as strong as "Goodbye", but still hot 3.5/5

14. The Prayer VI--typical stuff, we've all heard his prayers before 0/0

15. Lord Give Me A Sign---another DMX talking to God song, im not mad at it though, its not fire, but i'll give it a few listens 3/5

Final rating=3.25/5

This album suffers from poor and obvious sequencing, the 1st third is all Swizz/Ruff Ryders collabos that work, the middle third is X catering to radio and trying to put his people on, and the last third is X making his typical introspective life songs, take out the middle third and replace it with more of the X we know and love and you have an album that can stand with his first few, as it is, its still a pretty good album if you're into DMX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/24/06 06:04:44 PM 
where is the dwnload??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/29/06 07:24:04 PM 

U_mightnotlikethisthread wrote:
where is the dwnload??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/29/06 11:27:48 PM 

a DMX review?

TIGHT!!!!!

(makes noise like a cornered canine)