Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Scarface presents The Product : One Hunid

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/14/18 02:47:25 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scarface presents The Product : One Hunid
PostPosted: 08/19/06 09:40:11 AM 

Producers : Scarface, Alchemist, Tone Capone, John Bido

Label : Koch (2006)

1. Get Out (4)
2. Too Real (4)
3. In The Hood (4)
4. Read (5)
5. Hustle (4,5)
6. G Type (5)
7. Not A Word (4)
8. I’m A (4,5)
9. Pride (5)
10. The Love of Money (4)
11. Dead Broke (4)
12. Don’t Matter (4)
13. Life’s Been Good (4,25)

Overall : 4,5 / 5

When I heard Face was dropping a group album with two rappers called Young Malice and Will Henn (from Mississipi and The Bay respectively) I was a bit sceptic and didn't even notice it until a few months after it dropped which is a damn shame because it's dope as fuck (and a lot better than My Homies 2 which dropped around the same time).

Compared to My Homies 2 this album has way better production (reminds me of mid-90s westcoast productions like CMW and Above The Law) and the lyrics are way better. The biggest problem with this album is the presence of Scarface. You find yourself waiting for him to drop his verse which is a shame becasue both Henn and Malice are decent emcee, they just lack the expericence of their mentor.

Lyrically it's the vintage Face approach. It's ghetto tales combined with introspective lyrics and the kind of social commentary that justifies the existence of gangster rap.

Along with albums from The Coup, Dilla and Cunninlynguists this stand as one of the best album of 2006 so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/19/06 10:59:47 AM 

You know scarface had nothing to do with My homies, my balls & my word & my homies pt.2 those are rap-a-lot cut & paste jobs...I gotta check this out I like the track that Alchemist produced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/19/06 11:06:13 AM 

ScoobDaGod & The Miracles wrote:
You know scarface had nothing to do with My homies, my balls & my word & my homies pt.2 those are rap-a-lot cut & paste jobs...I gotta check this out I like the track that Alchemist produced.

He did have something to do with the first My Homies album didn't he??

Either way, this album is SICK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/14/06 05:35:00 PM 

i will check it out, i always trust your word mort

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/16/06 04:03:23 PM 

Man Of Destiny wrote:
i will check it out, i always trust your word mort

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/03/06 08:40:51 AM 

people need to stop sleeping on this...copping this shit next week. thanks for the heads up Morty.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!