Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Can someone please start another site that is about hip hop.

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/22/19 11:57:41 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can someone please start another site that is about hip hop.
PostPosted: 02/17/10 05:24:46 PM 

HHE IS OVER. It's done. it's passed whatever you pass after you pass everything that made it useful in the past. it's DONE. FINITO. ACCEPT IT NOW OR FOREVER ENJOY YOUR SCRAPS.

Fuck. someone start something serious with whatever good is left of here and let's get the fuck out already.

Post subject: Re: Can someone please start another site that is about hip hop.
PostPosted: 02/18/10 12:09:00 AM 

If you think something should be done, do it man. If any one of us was willing to make that type of move, we would have already. Morten and I tried it years ago, when the censors were crazy. I'd be happy to join yours, but to be honest I don't think I'll stop checking this site until it shuts down officially.

This should not be an announcement.

PostPosted: 02/18/10 05:38:13 PM 

I can't start one on my own right now. I need help. And want to get a feel for how many people would join a site that is strictly dedicated to talking hip hop.

PostPosted: 02/19/10 01:42:03 PM 

I'm toying with an idea of starting a website. My goal: gather information.

Like I said in another thread, I want to 'explain' (the connection between) hip hop (tracks). I want to analyse different hip hop songs and:

- explain the lyrics (who is being referred to? what does the slang mean? why this metaphore? are other hip hop tracks quoted? ....)
- explain the background of the song (information about the artist and the city he grew up in, ...)
- explain the music (what songs are being sampeled? ...)

I want to order all this knowledge in a way that is easy accessible for anyone who wants to discover (the complexity of( hip hop. It is still unclear, but I'm thinking about a site where the user has the possibility to search on an artist name or a song title and then can keep on clicking.

In order to be able to do this, I need a lot of information.
To collect that information I want to make an own forum (nothing fancy). I'm thinking about structuring it as follows:

1. Artist name (thread name)
2. album name (sub thread)
3. track title (sub sub title)

Anyone who wants cam leave information of any sort about the songs. It will be up to me and my moderators to delete bullshit and save the good stuff.

In the end, I will have loads of information about a lot of songs.

Then I will make a 'prettier' site.

To get as much information as possiblee, i'm thinking about reaching out to hip hop heads all over the world and telling them about my plan. I can actually see this happen :afro:

Ideas?

PostPosted: 02/19/10 08:20:52 PM 

if you had a site like that...i would check it out...

...this site pisses me off. no one has an opinion on aything and are too afraid to call someone's verse garbage...the general hip-hop board is justa place for cats to post their street team bullshit...and user album reviews barely get any reviews period...i don't want to get started on the mc and battle forums... :blahblah: :angry:

PostPosted: 02/20/10 04:44:53 AM 

I don't get you guys. I don't see either of you (bob & b.p.) starting any threads with new/interesting information, lately. The majority of what you do is complain about the state of the site, even in threads that don't have anything to do with that. Then, you make "announcements" proclaiming that the site is "over". Again, this should not have been an announcement. There are still a few of us here that are actually trying to keep the site going. Until you start doing something, anything at all that positively contributes to the site... you have no real ground to stand on.

Bill, I'd probably check your site out. Might even submit some content for you to look over. Question: Would you still be using the message board format, where anyone can post something, or would it be more controlled?

PostPosted: 02/20/10 07:07:44 AM 

well if either one of yall does start a site or finds one that's worth the time... let me know. :D

PostPosted: 02/20/10 09:09:20 AM 

CARDiAC wrote:
I don't get you guys. I don't see either of you (bob & b.p.) starting any threads with new/interesting information, lately. The majority of what you do is complain about the state of the site, even in threads that don't have anything to do with that. Then, you make "announcements" proclaiming that the site is "over". Again, this should not have been an announcement. There are still a few of us here that are actually trying to keep the site going. Until you start doing something, anything at all that positively contributes to the site... you have no real ground to stand on.

Bill, I'd probably check your site out. Might even submit some content for you to look over. Question: Would you still be using the message board format, where anyone can post something, or would it be more controlled?

the message board set up would be convenient for gathering information. After that, it would be best to present that information in a more controlled environment.

PostPosted: 02/20/10 09:12:11 AM 

CARDiAC wrote:

I agree with this. This site may not be what it once was but complaining about it without taking action to improve it is completely pointless. I've been coming here for years now, and I'll continue to do so until it's gone.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

PostPosted: 02/20/10 11:20:20 AM 

i'd like for the site to hit 1 million posts or for a single thread to hit 100K, then i'll be satisfied

PostPosted: 02/20/10 04:47:19 PM 

Funkytoez wrote:
CARDiAC wrote:

I agree with this. This site may not be what it once was but complaining about it without taking action to improve it is completely pointless. I've been coming here for years now, and I'll continue to do so until it's gone.

cosigned

PostPosted: 02/21/10 10:45:45 PM 

useless.

PostPosted: 02/22/10 09:47:03 AM 

Bob Villain wrote:
useless.

As in this thread you made??? Yep... you hit the nail on the head.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

PostPosted: 02/22/10 11:22:54 AM 

Problem is that most cats have grown up, have jobs and bills to pay, some got married, some don't care to come back any longer.
Quote:
a thug changes, love changes, and best friends become strangers" -NAS

It's a whole new gen out there - when we, those of us who have been posting here for yrs, first started coming around there was no youtube, myspace, facebook and all that junk. Posting on a message board was the deal....but things changed. People no longer want to read....they rather see, hear or read a quick note than to be fully informed.

Since it is so easy to get things up now adays with Youtube....why don't some of yall interview your fav local artists and post it up here. I would def be interested in seeing some stuff like that. Dope unsigned or just dope hiph hop acts that no matter what their situation are still hungry for Hip Hop.

PostPosted: 02/22/10 11:37:45 AM 

HOAXone wrote:
Problem is that most cats have grown up, have jobs and bills to pay, some got married, some don't care to come back any longer.
Posting on a message board was the deal....but things changed.

true

PostPosted: 02/24/10 01:49:27 AM 

no, it is annoying people and bots, site crashes and popular rap that sucks these days
:nosepick:

PostPosted: 02/24/10 08:10:58 PM 

Bob Villain wrote:
HHE IS OVER. It's done. it's passed whatever you pass after you pass everything that made it useful in the past. it's DONE. FINITO. ACCEPT IT NOW OR FOREVER ENJOY YOUR SCRAPS.

Fuck. someone start something serious with whatever good is left of here and let's get the fuck out already.

I use to post here a long time ago and people were saying the same thing in 2001. However, the reality is messageboards don't really change the people who visit them do. The members become more mature and want more substance in their daily posts, while the kids that just registered think they're the first person on the Internet ever to ask "who's the best emcee ever?" Which brings me to my next point...when you been part of a messageboard for a long time every post starts to become redundant because there is a limitation to the discussions you can have about hip hop over the web. Seriously, what hip hop topic would like to discuss that has not been discuss somewhere on the Internet already? If you do have a new topic then post it and add to the quality of this site or Google hip hop messageboards and find one that fits your needs.

PostPosted: 02/24/10 09:08:49 PM 

already did all that my man, many a times over the passed few years. most of the shit never got a single reply. and i'm talking topics that were relevant, new and eye opening at the same time.

what it really comes down to is i would love a place where some serious music diggers would post their daily finds and talk about it. also have a nice constant incoming stream of up to date releases and shit that people probably never heard of. in the end what trumps any sort of new social format out there is good, simple and useful content that people who are in the 'know' can work off of and share with those who want to know. that's what it's all about.

i wanna start something but i don't wanna start another message board, or another blog, or another facebook group. all that shit does is just create redundancy which affects the value of the content in the long run.

you know what would be nice would be some passion to start something, which is why i started this forum, to gauge that. i know people are off doing their own thing, but i know people are passionate to talk about what we all love and came to HHE for.

It blows my mind that our local college radio DJ over here in my town, can play 2 hour long sets of really hype new shit on a weekly basis, and none of those bangers even ends up getting mentioned on here. it just doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: 02/25/10 01:12:56 PM 

CARDiAC wrote:

i have started threads...just to at least get the ball roliing in some way, but...whatever. my main gripe is that you have a battle corner with more cob webs than gramma's pantry. nothing going on. battles started, but no one is saying shit other than on-line posturing. :roll: . the emcee forum got a few cyphas going on...and some people put up thier personal work...but catch feelin's when you tell 'em their shit is trash... :| .
I admit i need to get in some threads and be more active, but...i got life. most these posts on here are done in front of comps. at day jobs.
I rarely show up...off and on. I like it here but for those that want to change something, they either start their own or they increase the willful activity on the site....

...or just start putting up pics of big asses and tits and stop complaining...

PostPosted: 02/25/10 02:09:52 PM 

^See? Start a mega thread and update it regularly. I'm sure it'll get some activity going.