Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Is Brother Ali a Must-See?

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/18/19 07:11:15 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Brother Ali a Must-See?
PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:21:49 PM 

peace to the chumps and jerks. haha jk. we all know u are a fine selection of people.
brother ali is coming to town, so i was wondering if anyone of u has seen him live and thought it was decent or worth going. or what do they say about his live preformance, in case none of y'all went but has heard anything about it.

Last edited by hermit on 02/23/10 11:28:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Is Brother Ali a Must-See?
PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:27:33 PM 

hermit wrote:
peace to the chumps and jerks. haha jk. we all know u are a fine selection of people.
brother ali is coming to town, so i was wondering if anyone of u has seen him live and thought it was decent or worth going. or what do they say about his live preformance, in case none of y'all went but has heard anything about it.

well shit, i just wanted to edit and hit the quote button instead, so please delete this one if u mind me looking stupid

PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:39:52 PM 

hermit wrote:
hermit wrote:

well shit, i just wanted to edit and hit the quote button instead, so please delete this one if u mind me looking stupid

Hola Chalupa!

I don't know if he is as you say a "must see", but do you like his music?
If you do, go see him live. Support the artist.

Like Joell Ortiz said, some shows are YEAH and some shows are meh, but if the crowd brings energy they will get it back.

PostPosted: 02/24/10 01:02:43 AM 

If I had a chance I would definitely see brother ali live.

PostPosted: 02/24/10 01:06:47 AM 

well i only know his truth is here ep and the follow up album. i've never listened to the newer stuff tho i heard it was good. his music's nice but he is not close to being one of my favorites. no artist i HAVE TO see.
i'm asking cause i been feeling like watching a good show where i can act a fool to the bassline i feel in my chest, and not a meh-night where i am wishing i woulda spent the money on... a fresh pair of socks and some tea and had chilled at home with a book.
so i wanna know how dude's show is.

PostPosted: 02/24/10 01:08:53 AM 

domel wrote:

well u got 12 hours to get to berlin haha show starts in 13
so do u know if he's any good?

PostPosted: 02/24/10 02:36:27 AM 

hermit wrote:
domel wrote:

well u got 12 hours to get to berlin haha show starts in 13
so do u know if he's any good?

it so happenes I actually could make it, if I wasn't broke.

he's awesome, if you dig his music you gonna find the whole show enjoyable, He's energetic on stage and he's into giving 100% on every show. Go see for yourself! :)

PostPosted: 02/24/10 07:29:37 PM 

i didn't know about brother ali.
i "went home" during some of the songs. in his songs, he talked a lot about things that i have been thinking about at this time or was in recent time. if i had known his music better, this would have been a must to me.
maybe i'll write a lil more soon, but not now, i was up all through last night and day.

bomb

PostPosted: 02/24/10 08:36:05 PM 

I'd like to see Brother Ali live... his music is dope and he seems like he'd go hard on stage... I know you had a good time.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880