Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - English Premier League - 2007/2008

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/23/19 12:38:58 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: English Premier League - 2007/2008
PostPosted: 02/08/08 10:59:09 AM 

fucking shit mate.

1. Is 'Boro vs Blackburn going to fill a stadium in Australia? Is it fuck.

2. Therefore, its mostly gonna be about the top sides/glamourous sides = more strain on their players

3. On the flipside, this means more cash for the top sides at the expense of the little guys.

4. This extra cash will further widen the gulf between Premier League and Championship.

The Premier League doesn't give a shit about the fans any more. How is it fair if a season ticket holder can't get to the game? How do these extra games count; is it random, so you get assigned an opponent and you just play them 3 times that year? What if a relegated team gets Chelsea, and the team in 17th gets Wigan, and the difference was 1 point?

Load of bollocks. The PL cares about ££££££££££ and fuck all else. Thats why they've never said shit to Arsenal (etc) about their 100% foreign sides. Ask ANYONE in Europe, or most people over here, why England are lagging behind nationally, its because of that sort of policy. Some sides like Wigan who but cheap shite from abroad are guilty as well.

Whilst I could never get bored with my beloved Tottenham, I share your sentiments, Martin, when you say the lower leagues is a bit more interesting. Its blood and guts down there.

PostPosted: 02/08/08 01:11:54 PM 

lets go DC United

PostPosted: 02/12/08 01:28:43 PM 

Chris P. wrote:
lets go DC United

You're barred!

PostPosted: 02/12/08 01:37:58 PM 

MZA wrote:
fucking shit mate.

1. Is 'Boro vs Blackburn going to fill a stadium in Australia? Is it fuck.

2. Therefore, its mostly gonna be about the top sides/glamourous sides = more strain on their players

3. On the flipside, this means more cash for the top sides at the expense of the little guys.

4. This extra cash will further widen the gulf between Premier League and Championship.

The Premier League doesn't give a shit about the fans any more. How is it fair if a season ticket holder can't get to the game? How do these extra games count; is it random, so you get assigned an opponent and you just play them 3 times that year? What if a relegated team gets Chelsea, and the team in 17th gets Wigan, and the difference was 1 point?

Load of bollocks. The PL cares about ££££££££££ and fuck all else. Thats why they've never said shit to Arsenal (etc) about their 100% foreign sides. Ask ANYONE in Europe, or most people over here, why England are lagging behind nationally, its because of that sort of policy. Some sides like Wigan who but cheap shite from abroad are guilty as well.

Whilst I could never get bored with my beloved Tottenham, I share your sentiments, Martin, when you say the lower leagues is a bit more interesting. Its blood and guts down there.

Well it looks like most fans share our view on this, but still the PL goes on how it's gonna be great for the English game, get out you pricks.

The big downside about the lower leagues is the price of matches.. PNE for example it's £25.00 on the Town End and the Kop and £27.00 on the Finney Stand, too much, but they have to have these prices to create revenue to even try and keep up with the pace in the Championship! The cheapest game this season was against Charlton when it was £10, but that was only to fill the place up so it looked good on Sky Sports haha!

Then if I can't afford to go on North End there's always Bamber Bridge in Unibond 1st Division, £7 for a glorified pub team haha! Up the Brig!

PostPosted: 02/12/08 03:47:06 PM 

Yeah thats the sad thing. I remember back when my Dad first started taking me to Fratton Park, around the 1994/5 season, we could both get in, get a programme, have a burger at half time and he'd come home with change from a 20. £27 for PNE is outrageous. I have a mate who follows Pompey (s/t holder, goes to some away games) and on weekends he doesn't go to Pompey away games he'll go to some random place like Rotherham, Hereford, Peterbourough, Darlington etc.. He said he had to pay £25ish to see Yeovil get beat at home by some dross like Stockport.

And it'll only get worse as the top clubs thirst for cash grows, and the little guys need to play catch up, as you say. I reckon a FIFA worldwide cap on players weekly salaries would be the best thing that could happen to our game.

PostPosted: 02/13/08 12:28:27 PM 

Haha! Is you mate coming up here for the FA Cup match at Deepdale?

I don't think FIFA will ever go for the salary cap, the lawyers would get involved and it would become a farce.

Another thing I can't get my head around is when teams go into administration, they automatically get a ten point deduction, surely this isn't going to help matters when in most cases they get relegated as a result. They go down and there's even more money lost.. baffles me. It's not the teams fault they're in administration.. it's the accountants!

PostPosted: 02/14/08 05:14:20 PM 

marklar wrote:
Haha! Is you mate coming up here for the FA Cup match at Deepdale?

I don't think FIFA will ever go for the salary cap, the lawyers would get involved and it would become a farce.

Another thing I can't get my head around is when teams go into administration, they automatically get a ten point deduction, surely this isn't going to help matters when in most cases they get relegated as a result. They go down and there's even more money lost.. baffles me. It's not the teams fault they're in administration.. it's the accountants!

Yeah he is actually, I should imagine Pompey will take about 3000-4000 up, they have a decent away support.

The administration thing is a deduction. If it wasn't there, clubs could abuse the system (i.e. over spend on players/loans) and have no penalties for operating outside their financial means. It would be unfair on those clubs who do operate within thier budgets, I suppose. I think 10 points is harsh though, especially when you see what happens to the likes of Luton who had a fire sale of their best players. Bournemouth are fucked if they get a 10 point cull, they have been on a depressing downward slide for a few years now. If they get sent down to League 2 I can see them battling relegation out of the Football League next year, they are utter shit and rely a lot on loans from the like of Reading.

PostPosted: 03/09/08 10:57:49 AM 

Fucking Pompey have had the jammiest cup run ever.

I will love it if they get dumped out in the semi's. Punching so far above their weight, its untrue. I look forward to the day they start tumbling back down the league where they fucking belong, and all the fairweather cunts crawl back into their holes. Wankers.

PostPosted: 03/09/08 11:52:17 AM 

I need advice for next week's double week in fantasy football MZA:

Derby vs Man U
Sunderland v Chelsea
Man. City v Tottenham
Man. United v Bolton
Tottenham v Chelsea

My main questions are:

Will Van Der Sar be fit?
If not do I get Robinson? I could also get Kusczak on the short term....but then I wouldnt be able to get both Ronaldo and Tevez.

My current team is:

Van Der Howard
McCartney Jagielka Sagna Rio Hreidarsson
Fabregas J. Cole Huddlestone Gerrard Noble
Adebayor C. Cole Torres

The subs I was considering were:

Van Der for Gordon or someone shit
Fabregas for Ronaldo
Torres for Tevez

making Ronaldo capt

I did consider getting Robinson do u think that would be good? I also considered getting Kusczak coz hes cheap....but will his red card in the FA stop him playing!??! And will Van be fit again!? and if I went that way...then I would get Robbie Keane instead of Tevez...but since he played on 68 mins today....I thought not bother.

After next weeks double games I have longer transfers to do:

McCartney for someone cheap and good
Sagna for someone cheap
J. Cole for Petrov (when hes back...as he will be cheap 7.4)
Huddle for Piennar
Noble for Muntari
C.Cole for Agbonlahor

Thoughts?

:-?

PostPosted: 03/09/08 05:07:53 PM 

Well Kuzszsczsczuk's red will stop him playing domestioc games for 3 matches, so don't pick him.

Also Robbo is still crap... shaky. Have a look into Cech's injury, if he's out, Cudicini would be a good shout.

Also be careful with any Man Utd players you pick, Fergie loves resting the big guns against shite teams, I wouldn't be suprised if one of Rooney/Tevex/Ronaldo isn't even in the squad for Derby. Noble, he's turd. But I'd be inclined to keep Cesc, unfortunately the cunt is playing well. If he's fit, JJ would be a good, cheap shout..

PostPosted: 03/10/08 02:23:19 PM 

MZA wrote:
Well Kuzszsczsczuk's red will stop him playing domestioc games for 3 matches, so don't pick him.

Also Robbo is still crap... shaky. Have a look into Cech's injury, if he's out, Cudicini would be a good shout.

Also be careful with any Man Utd players you pick, Fergie loves resting the big guns against shite teams, I wouldn't be suprised if one of Rooney/Tevex/Ronaldo isn't even in the squad for Derby. Noble, he's turd. But I'd be inclined to keep Cesc, unfortunately the cunt is playing well. If he's fit, JJ would be a good, cheap shout..

Thanks, but nah....I have to sell at least one of my big guns to get ROnaldo back...who I really want/need.....and onf form Fabregas is way behind Gerrie and Ronnie, even Lampard maybe better now.....because Fabregas plays in too defensive a position now.....it seems Flamini and him have switched or something because I see him getting forward more than Fab lately......Gerrard is playing right behind Torres in a very attacking position and ROnaldo is often the furthest United player forward so......those 2 are must-haves are they not?! Whereas Fabregas has done his best stuff this season...... I might well get JJ tho and might consider getting Foster for Man u....

PostPosted: 03/10/08 03:17:30 PM 

Foster!? Fergie is thinking about farming off to Coventry on loan...

Obviously Ronaldo is the best shout, but look at those games man... if Ronaldo starts both I'll be suprised. Fair play w/ regards to Cesc, I personally refuse to pick any West Ham or Scum players in any fantasy leagues i've done, so I can hardly talk.. p.s.,look into Lamps... Chelsea's next games are Derby at the bridge and Sunderland away, he loves banging in a couple against the shite teams.

PostPosted: 03/12/08 03:36:12 PM 

Nice one Spurs!!

Gomes, Gomes!!......haha

PostPosted: 03/12/08 03:39:13 PM 

DS Style wrote:
Nice one Spurs!!

Gomes, Gomes!!......haha

Spurs: 11th in the EPL, gone to the Dutch league leaders back yard, played them off the park, won 1-0, should have been 2 or 3 nil.

English League > Dutch mickey mouse league.

Wait a sec... what did Gomes do!? Chimbo spooned it.. mug.

Trick.. what did I tell you.. LAMPARD WILL SCORE A SHITLOAD against the dross!

PostPosted: 03/12/08 03:47:11 PM 

Let me refresh your memory. Gomes saved a very important penalty from Jenas to keep them in it. And before extra time was over he tipped that shot of Malbranque out of the top corner.

And yes Lampard was a great choice!

PostPosted: 03/12/08 03:55:32 PM 

DS Style wrote:
Let me refresh your memory. Gomes saved a very important penalty from Jenas to keep them in it. And before extra time was over he tipped that shot of Malbranque out of the top corner.

And yes Lampard was a great choice!

That was a sunk event. Didn't matter. Chimbo v Gomes matterred, it just so happened Gomes flopped the wrong way, and Chimbo bottled it/was a right back.

Still, doesn't change my delight with the maturity and control of the win, although right now the delight is hidden by anger. Lots of it

PostPosted: 03/17/08 09:32:12 AM 

MZA wrote:
DS Style wrote:
Nice one Spurs!!

Gomes, Gomes!!......haha

Spurs: 11th in the EPL, gone to the Dutch league leaders back yard, played them off the park, won 1-0, should have been 2 or 3 nil.

English League > Dutch mickey mouse league.

Wait a sec... what did Gomes do!? Chimbo spooned it.. mug.

Trick.. what did I tell you.. LAMPARD WILL SCORE A SHITLOAD against the dross!

Yeah good call on Lampers.....but you were wrong about Foster.....luckily I bought him last minute and that decision has served me well thus far. :D
And just to give u a giggle Matt, Daan (DS STYLE) is ROCK bottom in our fantasy football leaugue out of 30!!!!! And I am 2nd! 8)

PostPosted: 03/17/08 05:08:13 PM 

I couldn't care less about that Fantasy thing. Didn't change anything since last year I think. Props on your 2nd place, but it still doesn't mean you know shit.

PostPosted: 03/18/08 02:17:48 PM 

DS Style wrote:
I couldn't care less about that Fantasy thing. Didn't change anything since last year I think. Props on your 2nd place, but it still doesn't mean you know shit.

:roll:

Look, I don't really respect you anymore....you said at the beginning of the season you were gona beat me....then u gave up after a month or so.....and you are now rock bottom of our leauge of 30. Even Marklar who didnt do a sub since week one and lost his user and password is above you.....thats shameful man. And your comment "but it still doesn't mean you know shit" is straight wack, loser, wasteguy talk. Put up or shut the fuck up....and since u didnt put up I suggest you shut the fuck up because it has been proven that it is infact YOU who knows fuck all about fantasy football. Its all about knowing who is hot and who is not (no homo), when to buy and when to sell - that is all football-related knowledge so your bullshit argument really doesnt hold up. Now, if I do decide to do it again I wont ask you to join the league because of your bad sportsman's nature.....quitting/giving up is not something I know about....I'm very competitve and I hate to lose. MZA I would like you to join my league next season tho as I reckon you would be decent competition, if I decide to do it again.....because it can be quite time-consuming and addictive....and for the record I only bought those West Ham players because they had double games with Liverpool a few weeks back.....I have now sold them all but Noble who will soon be sold for Piennar or Johnson (man city) on the cheap. Who would u go for of the 2?! I want to buy Petrov now hes back (and cheap asap). Also with Pompey havin a double week near the end of the season due to their semi final in the FA.....I will look to buy Muntari and maybe James or Campbell if hes fit and cheap. I need you help because i just made a bet that I would beat this guy in our league so I can't afford to make ANY mistakes and I have to b on point with every decision I make from now till the end of the season. Chelsea have the easiest run in of all the big teams.....so even tho i was considering selling Coley I might keep him now.....I believe if they beat us at the Lane they will win the Prem! :-?

:)

PostPosted: 03/19/08 11:58:21 AM 

Ha! Where am I? 29th?