Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - NBA 08/09 thread

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/14/19 11:18:30 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 01/26/09 01:45:26 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/11/04 10:07:48 AM
Posts: 2686
Location: Wichita, KS
I'm just glad the sonics came to O.K. ...if you've never been to a live game put that on your before you die list. And the Thunder aren't losing constantly now. MVP is going to be a tight race between Wade and Lebron. I'm loving what the magic are doing with a young team also.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 01/29/09 07:48:25 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18095
Location: Albq, NM
Danny Granger, All Star!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 01/30/09 01:05:44 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7522
Location: the top shelf
MarlonJackson wrote:
Danny Granger, All Star!


:D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 01/30/09 05:07:38 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/10/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 21456
Location: somewhere
why aren't more people talking about how ridiculous it is that Iverson is still getting voted in as a starter and that Shaq is going, even though he sits out back-to-backs?

_________________
If your hear click, trust me, you will hear clack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 01/30/09 08:57:52 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7522
Location: the top shelf
Al Jefferson was robbed of a spot

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/02/09 10:00:38 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/28/06 11:02:11 PM
Posts: 5740
Location: Some Fat Booty White Girl's Crib
I really need to stop hating on Kobe, dude is phenomenal.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/02/09 10:10:11 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/28/06 11:02:11 PM
Posts: 5740
Location: Some Fat Booty White Girl's Crib
Rich Deluxe wrote:
MarlonJackson wrote:
Danny Granger, All Star!


Well deserved.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/03/09 02:29:27 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/10/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 21456
Location: somewhere
Black Scorcese wrote:
I really need to stop hating on Kobe, dude is phenomenal.





you really should, imagine what he would have thrown up on the Knicks if he had 10 fingers instead of 8

_________________
If your hear click, trust me, you will hear clack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/03/09 07:59:28 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/28/06 11:02:11 PM
Posts: 5740
Location: Some Fat Booty White Girl's Crib
Thats what im sayin, dude wasnt even 100%. I mean we can speak on his character, and his missteps in the past, but his hustle on the court is unmatched. Peace to LeBron, but until he wins 3 championships, and puts up 60+.........I got to place the crown on Kobe.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/04/09 03:21:20 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/10/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 21456
Location: somewhere
finally someone talking some sense.........although LeBron has been unbelievable this season, let's not forget he didn't start playing with this much passion and hustle until he went to China with Kobe and saw first-hand how hard dude works

_________________
If your hear click, trust me, you will hear clack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/04/09 07:52:58 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/28/06 11:02:11 PM
Posts: 5740
Location: Some Fat Booty White Girl's Crib
Without question. I must say that this season of the NBA has been very top notch, even with the weak teams playing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/05/09 09:21:05 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7522
Location: the top shelf
LAAAAAKERRRRRSSSSSSS 8)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/10/09 05:38:13 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/11/04 10:07:48 AM
Posts: 2686
Location: Wichita, KS
Black Scorcese wrote:
Thats what im sayin, dude wasnt even 100%. I mean we can speak on his character, and his missteps in the past, but his hustle on the court is unmatched. Peace to LeBron, but until he wins 3 championships, and puts up 60+.........I got to place the crown on Kobe.

I am realizing this as well. He is a certified beast on the court.
I know Amare is getting looked at by several teams...i could see him fit well in miami. Also there has been talk of Shaq moving...he said L.A. but there is no way that will happen. And Rasheed Wallace is out on the pistons trading block. It could be a very interesting week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/11/09 02:15:28 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7522
Location: the top shelf
Merkaba wrote:
Black Scorcese wrote:
Thats what im sayin, dude wasnt even 100%. I mean we can speak on his character, and his missteps in the past, but his hustle on the court is unmatched. Peace to LeBron, but until he wins 3 championships, and puts up 60+.........I got to place the crown on Kobe.

I am realizing this as well. He is a certified beast on the court.
I know Amare is getting looked at by several teams...i could see him fit well in miami. Also there has been talk of Shaq moving...he said L.A. but there is no way that will happen. And Rasheed Wallace is out on the pistons trading block. It could be a very interesting week.


The big names that I think are likely to be moved before the trade deadline are Matrix and Amare...as for Sheed, I see Dumars waitin' out his contract...but a bunch of wierd things have happened during this time, so I could be wrong

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/13/09 04:28:29 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7522
Location: the top shelf
what'd I tell ya'll...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

MIAMI (AP)—Shawn Marion’s most memorable play with the Miami Heat was his last.

Hours after Marion’s last-second dunk lifted the Heat past the Chicago Bulls, he was traded Friday to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Jermaine O’Neal, ending a weekslong saga involving the expected deal.

NBA officials approved the swap Friday afternoon by conference call, the Heat said.

“I developed an unbelievable relationship with Shawn,” Heat star guard Dwyane Wade said in Phoenix, where he’s part of All-Star weekend. “You’re sad to lose a friend on and off the court. At the same time, Shawn and I just had this conversation that it’s part of the business and we knew it was a possibility.”

Toronto also gets guard Marcus Banks and cash considerations, while Miami will receive forward Jamario Moon and a future first-round draft pick, to come sometime between 2010 and 2015. It’s lottery-protected, essentially meaning the first time the Raptors make the playoffs after this season, their first-rounder goes to Miami.

If Miami does not get that first-round pick in 2010, it will get an additional second-round pick that year.

“This is a win-win for both Toronto and Miami and we wish J.O. and Jamario the best,” said Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo, who is familiar with Marion from his time with the Phoenix Suns.

Miami and Toronto discussed the deal for weeks and, with the trade deadline looming Wednesday, decided to move forward. Miami also was linked to trade talk with several other teams, including Phoenix and Sacramento, and perhaps was able to coax the draft pick out of Toronto by waiting so long to make the deal.

All players involved will likely have to pass physicals, which can be waived by agreement.

Marion—whom Miami acquired just over a year ago from Phoenix for Shaquille O’Neal—was referred to by both Heat coach Erik Spoelstra and president Pat Riley in recent weeks as the team’s “second-best player” behind Wade.

He took a bounce pass from Wade and dunked with 1.1 seconds left Thursday night, lifting Miami to a 95-93 win and sparking the sort of on-court, chest-bumping celebration that’s rarely seen in the regular season.

It was his last hurrah, though, with Miami.

Marion was a key part of Miami’s 28-24 start to this season, averaging 12 points (third on the team behind Wade and Michael Beasley, who now could replace him in the starting lineup at small forward) and a team-best 8.7 rebounds.

But he wanted a long-term contract, something Miami was not willing to provide.

One of Miami’s primary areas of concentration, just like every other team in the NBA, is keeping cap space clear for the summer of 2010, when the likes of Wade, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh can become free agents.

And this trade clears another $4.8 million in cap room for that summer; that’s what Banks, who had fallen out of the rotation in Miami, would have been owed in the 2010-11 season.

Plus, it gets Miami a true center in Jermaine O’Neal. The 30-year-old averaged 13.5 points and seven rebounds for Toronto, but has been slowed by injuries. He’s owed nearly $23 million next season, but that money won’t affect Miami’s free-agent plans for 2010.

“It gives us some power down low, which since Shaq left we’ve been missing,” Wade said. “We really need that to compete in the Eastern Conference. Our main thing is we need to get it together fast. Making a trade at this time sometimes makes it tough on teams to get everybody on the same page. Hopefully, we can.”

Miami has played an array of players at center this season, including Jamaal Magloire, Joel Anthony, Mark Blount and even Udonis Haslem, a forward who gives up several inches in height and at least 20 pounds to every other true center in the NBA.

Banks averaged 2.6 points in 16 games with Miami this year. He “should benefit from the change of address,” Colangelo said.

Moon averaged 7.3 points in 54 games with Toronto, and becomes a free agent after this season. Wade sounded intrigued by the Moon acquisition.

“Jamario Moon is really under the radar as far as what he can do,” Wade said.

With Banks gone, Miami has only two true point guards on the roster: Mario Chalmers and Chris Quinn. The Heat do have room to sign another player, so it’s likely Riley will pursue either picking up a guard through free agency or making another trade.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/18/09 09:09:32 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/11/04 10:07:48 AM
Posts: 2686
Location: Wichita, KS
Rich Deluxe wrote:
what'd I tell ya'll...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

MIAMI (AP)—Shawn Marion’s most memorable play with the Miami Heat was his last.

Hours after Marion’s last-second dunk lifted the Heat past the Chicago Bulls, he was traded Friday to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Jermaine O’Neal, ending a weekslong saga involving the expected deal.

NBA officials approved the swap Friday afternoon by conference call, the Heat said.

“I developed an unbelievable relationship with Shawn,” Heat star guard Dwyane Wade said in Phoenix, where he’s part of All-Star weekend. “You’re sad to lose a friend on and off the court. At the same time, Shawn and I just had this conversation that it’s part of the business and we knew it was a possibility.”

Toronto also gets guard Marcus Banks and cash considerations, while Miami will receive forward Jamario Moon and a future first-round draft pick, to come sometime between 2010 and 2015. It’s lottery-protected, essentially meaning the first time the Raptors make the playoffs after this season, their first-rounder goes to Miami.

If Miami does not get that first-round pick in 2010, it will get an additional second-round pick that year.

“This is a win-win for both Toronto and Miami and we wish J.O. and Jamario the best,” said Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo, who is familiar with Marion from his time with the Phoenix Suns.

Miami and Toronto discussed the deal for weeks and, with the trade deadline looming Wednesday, decided to move forward. Miami also was linked to trade talk with several other teams, including Phoenix and Sacramento, and perhaps was able to coax the draft pick out of Toronto by waiting so long to make the deal.

All players involved will likely have to pass physicals, which can be waived by agreement.

Marion—whom Miami acquired just over a year ago from Phoenix for Shaquille O’Neal—was referred to by both Heat coach Erik Spoelstra and president Pat Riley in recent weeks as the team’s “second-best player” behind Wade.

He took a bounce pass from Wade and dunked with 1.1 seconds left Thursday night, lifting Miami to a 95-93 win and sparking the sort of on-court, chest-bumping celebration that’s rarely seen in the regular season.

It was his last hurrah, though, with Miami.

Marion was a key part of Miami’s 28-24 start to this season, averaging 12 points (third on the team behind Wade and Michael Beasley, who now could replace him in the starting lineup at small forward) and a team-best 8.7 rebounds.

But he wanted a long-term contract, something Miami was not willing to provide.

One of Miami’s primary areas of concentration, just like every other team in the NBA, is keeping cap space clear for the summer of 2010, when the likes of Wade, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh can become free agents.

And this trade clears another $4.8 million in cap room for that summer; that’s what Banks, who had fallen out of the rotation in Miami, would have been owed in the 2010-11 season.

Plus, it gets Miami a true center in Jermaine O’Neal. The 30-year-old averaged 13.5 points and seven rebounds for Toronto, but has been slowed by injuries. He’s owed nearly $23 million next season, but that money won’t affect Miami’s free-agent plans for 2010.

“It gives us some power down low, which since Shaq left we’ve been missing,” Wade said. “We really need that to compete in the Eastern Conference. Our main thing is we need to get it together fast. Making a trade at this time sometimes makes it tough on teams to get everybody on the same page. Hopefully, we can.”

Miami has played an array of players at center this season, including Jamaal Magloire, Joel Anthony, Mark Blount and even Udonis Haslem, a forward who gives up several inches in height and at least 20 pounds to every other true center in the NBA.

Banks averaged 2.6 points in 16 games with Miami this year. He “should benefit from the change of address,” Colangelo said.

Moon averaged 7.3 points in 54 games with Toronto, and becomes a free agent after this season. Wade sounded intrigued by the Moon acquisition.

“Jamario Moon is really under the radar as far as what he can do,” Wade said.

With Banks gone, Miami has only two true point guards on the roster: Mario Chalmers and Chris Quinn. The Heat do have room to sign another player, so it’s likely Riley will pursue either picking up a guard through free agency or making another trade.

This could be a beneficial trade for both teams...i enjoyed this trade. I was overjoyed to hear that Tyson Chandler is coming to O.K. ...with all the young talent (durant, green and westbrook) they could be fierce competitors, especially with the way the western conference is going, in a year or two when durant and westbrook become more consistent and adjusted. I think they will be a mid level western conference team next year, playoff team next year or the year after...plus they are sitting good on lottery picks and are way under cap...when some of the people being released as free agents hit...and they fill in there bench holes...it will be exciting. I guess Amare is staying is what it looks like...if the suns run a fast tempo game again they will do just fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/18/09 11:31:18 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7522
Location: the top shelf
oh man, sucks for OKC...the Chandler trade got rescinded, he didn't pass the physical

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/19/09 07:41:02 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/11/04 10:07:48 AM
Posts: 2686
Location: Wichita, KS
Rich Deluxe wrote:
oh man, sucks for OKC...the Chandler trade got rescinded, he didn't pass the physical

yeah that sucked...its not often you see that. I wonder if its because of the injury he has been out for (sprained ankle i think). I wonder if anything will happen today?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/19/09 01:13:01 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7522
Location: the top shelf
Merkaba wrote:
Rich Deluxe wrote:
oh man, sucks for OKC...the Chandler trade got rescinded, he didn't pass the physical

yeah that sucked...its not often you see that. I wonder if its because of the injury he has been out for (sprained ankle i think). I wonder if anything will happen today?


yeah it was cuz of the ankle

so far today, rashad mccants got sent to the kings, larry hughes got sent to the knicks for tim thomas and jerome james, chris wilcox got sent to the knicks and i think theyre talkin about cleveland makin a bid for shaq

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA 08/09 thread
PostPosted: 02/19/09 05:06:43 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18095
Location: Albq, NM
I came pretty close today to saying I like the Knicks but they still need to get rid of Skep's cousin.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group