Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Guru R.I.P

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/06/19 11:19:41 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Guru R.I.P
PostPosted: 04/21/10 02:49:34 PM 

b.p. wrote:
CARDiAC...step the fuck off...I left shit at that other thread...been quiet and polite, doing my thing...I'm beyond that...but you wanna trek that shit, go ahead...but, I'm warning you...step off.

d_realword wrote:
its 2010.. learn to fucking read. ^^^ THE NAME IS WORD not fucking WORLD

check this out...i'm one letter off...glanced at your name and just had to repsond to this thread about Guru that's my focus, but...my mistake...<whatever>.

Alot of people peeping out Solar's moves and they believe that he wrote this shitty letter. I could've swore news broke that they were going to drop another album early last year. What happened since then?

technically a large part of this thread is devoted to a letter ... I'm just saying

PostPosted: 04/21/10 03:06:36 PM 

b.p. wrote:
CARDiAC...step the fuck off...I left shit at that other thread...been quiet and polite, doing my thing...I'm beyond that...but you wanna trek that shit, go ahead...but, I'm warning you...step off.

1> Or what? What could you possibly do to me, tough guy? Are you that invested w/ your online persona, that you'd actually attempt to find me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! <--Laughing at you. I hope not. It probably wouldn't end well for me cause let's just be honest: either I'd get my ass beat, or I'd catch an assault case for beating yours.

2> I wasn't laughing at you, initially, I was laughing at the fact that cats have been getting this guy's name wrong since I joined, and he's right: It's 2010, fucker, learn to read.

3> Wtf are you talking about? That other thread is exactly what it is, that other thread. You seem to be the only one still stewing over it.

4> Why are you always beefing in RIP threads, fam?

Again, RIP to the king.

P.S. LOL @ "I'm warning you".

PostPosted: 04/21/10 04:12:48 PM 

some people probably pick fights in funerals...

On Tuesday, Solar responded to the criticism, saying, "Guru knew this time would come. The great artist he is, us being intelligent people, we knew there was going to have to be a statement relating to this," Solar explained of the letter, which also said that the music Guru made with Solar was among the best of his career. "Unfortunately, there are those who have the wicked agenda, and just can't accept that Guru and I have handled this thing as men and not children, and this is how men of honor handle their business. He arranged his press release. I'm the repository of Guru's life story. I recorded his life story for book and for movies. We're not foolish. He was diagnosed with cancer well over a year ago. It's been operations and so forth. It would be ridiculous for him to not be prepared."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163751 ... tarr.jhtml

I think Solar is ridiculous.

His nephews youtubechannel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/milkbunny82

I feel for him, having recently lost his father and now his uncle, as he says two thirds of himself.

I still think milkbunny82 was a funny name tho.

PostPosted: 04/21/10 04:29:32 PM 

RIP

PostPosted: 04/21/10 05:20:18 PM 

word to Black, I remember recording joints like Discipline, Full Clip, You Know My Steez, Take It Personal, etc. off the radio..........RIP to a true legend, this is one of the first rap deaths that actually made me have to take a minute to gather myself, as for Solar, Guru's family already came out and said he's been in a coma since February, which would make it pretty hard for him to have written that letter

PostPosted: 04/22/10 02:59:56 AM 

Damn another blow for the hip hop scene.
Mr Elam Aka Guru will be missed by many.
He was a true legend in hip hop.

RIP Guru

PostPosted: 04/22/10 09:18:57 AM 

Premo wrote:
IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR ME TO GET CONFIRMATION ON THE DEATH OF A MAN WHO I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL MY BROTHER, KEITH ELAM, BETTER KNOWN AS GURU OF THE LEGENDARY GANG STARR.
FROM 1988-2004, WE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SUCCESS TOGETHER THAT WE WERE ABLE TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESSES INDEPENDENTLY AND GIVE EACH OTHER WHAT GURU CALLED “CREATIVE SPACE”, BEFORE PLANNING TO REUNITE FOR OUR 7TH LP WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT. TRAGICALLY, WE WILL NEVER REACH THAT DAY.
I’VE BEEN ASKED TO COMMENT ON A LETTER SPEAKING ILL OF ME WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY WRITTEN BY GURU IN HIS DYING DAYS. ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT OUR TIME TOGETHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, WE BUILT A HIP HOP LEGACY TOGETHER, AND NO ONE CAN RE-WRITE HISTORY OR TAKE AWAY MY LOVE FOR HIM. ONE THING I WOULD NEVER DO IS PLAY AROUND WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS LIFE.
I WILL CELEBRATE GURU’S LIFE… I WILL HONOR HIS MEMORY… I WILL GRIEVE WITH THE ELAM FAMILY OVER HIS UNTIMELY DEATH… I WILL REMEMBER THE GANG STARR FOUNDATION AND ALL OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF GANG STARR WHO CAME BEFORE ME – WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER… MOSTLY, I WILL CHERISH EVERYTHING WE CREATED TOGETHER AS GANG STARR, FOREVER. I’M GONNA MISS HEARING HIS SIGNATURE MONOTONE VOICE WHEN HE WALKS IN THE ROOM, BUT THE SONGS WILL ALWAYS BRING IT BACK TO ME….HIS RHYME FLOWS WERE INSANE, AND I WILL NEVER REMOVE HIM FROM MY HEART AND SOUL…….REST IN PEACE TO THE MAN WHO FELT “SATISFACTION FROM THE STREET CROWD REACTION” … I LOVE YOU GOO…….DJ PREMIER

PostPosted: 04/22/10 12:01:26 PM 

2tall wrote:
Premo wrote:
IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR ME TO GET CONFIRMATION ON THE DEATH OF A MAN WHO I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL MY BROTHER, KEITH ELAM, BETTER KNOWN AS GURU OF THE LEGENDARY GANG STARR.
FROM 1988-2004, WE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SUCCESS TOGETHER THAT WE WERE ABLE TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESSES INDEPENDENTLY AND GIVE EACH OTHER WHAT GURU CALLED “CREATIVE SPACE”, BEFORE PLANNING TO REUNITE FOR OUR 7TH LP WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT. TRAGICALLY, WE WILL NEVER REACH THAT DAY.
I’VE BEEN ASKED TO COMMENT ON A LETTER SPEAKING ILL OF ME WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY WRITTEN BY GURU IN HIS DYING DAYS. ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT OUR TIME TOGETHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, WE BUILT A HIP HOP LEGACY TOGETHER, AND NO ONE CAN RE-WRITE HISTORY OR TAKE AWAY MY LOVE FOR HIM. ONE THING I WOULD NEVER DO IS PLAY AROUND WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS LIFE.
I WILL CELEBRATE GURU’S LIFE… I WILL HONOR HIS MEMORY… I WILL GRIEVE WITH THE ELAM FAMILY OVER HIS UNTIMELY DEATH… I WILL REMEMBER THE GANG STARR FOUNDATION AND ALL OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF GANG STARR WHO CAME BEFORE ME – WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER… MOSTLY, I WILL CHERISH EVERYTHING WE CREATED TOGETHER AS GANG STARR, FOREVER. I’M GONNA MISS HEARING HIS SIGNATURE MONOTONE VOICE WHEN HE WALKS IN THE ROOM, BUT THE SONGS WILL ALWAYS BRING IT BACK TO ME….HIS RHYME FLOWS WERE INSANE, AND I WILL NEVER REMOVE HIM FROM MY HEART AND SOUL…….REST IN PEACE TO THE MAN WHO FELT “SATISFACTION FROM THE STREET CROWD REACTION” … I LOVE YOU GOO…….DJ PREMIER

that was touching

PostPosted: 04/22/10 01:15:47 PM 

Good letter from Premo. Those men were close as fuck
for a really long time more then they were apart.
In death we must try to remember the good and not
the bad. Guru will live on just like Gangstarr's legacy....

PostPosted: 04/22/10 03:12:06 PM 

RIP Guru... so sad to see you go.

PostPosted: 04/22/10 09:07:45 PM 

Of course I mourned when I first heard the news, but I immediately found that letter suspect. Matter of fact, I started to post the first R.I.P., but I decided not to just i case the shit ended up to be a fucked up rumor. That thought was entirely based on that letter. My sentiments are the exact same as Black, Femi RealWorld and others.

My immediate reaction after being told and reading the article --

Wickedkitten said:
i didnt even know he had cancer, I just read that he was recovering from the heart attack
br0ken said:
something isnt right about that letter
Wickedkitten said:
I would say a whole hell of a lot of things are wrong with that letter
br0ken said:
plus the family came out and said Solar was fucked up, that he wouldnt let them see him and shit and he took power of attorney and was changing his will around and shit
Wickedkitten said:
there is just a bit too much solar solar solar solar in that letter really
br0ken said:
he couuldnt have written that
nobody knows who Solar is, and think about it...if you were on your deathbed, would you go out of your way to insult Primo and disavow him, drag his name thru the mud and generally shit on your legacy with him, while ignoring more important shit like talking to your family?
br0ken said:
nah...it's bullshit

It's just a fucking shame that the homegoing of this icon, this artist who had such a tremendous influence on Hip-Hop can't be rightfully mourned becuz of all the bullshit with Solar in the picture. It's a goddamn shame.

PostPosted: 04/23/10 08:29:37 AM 

Is this Solar guy gay? I think beyond the letter wreaking of bullshit, it's also littered with homoerotic undertones. Dude is coming off like a gold-digging housewife. I hope he gets clapped.

PostPosted: 04/24/10 11:40:15 AM 

:(

Rest in peace.

PostPosted: 04/26/10 01:52:01 PM 

RIP Guru! I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. :(

PostPosted: 04/27/10 10:15:17 PM 

damn im honestly sad at this moment, havent felt this way since dirty's passin'

PostPosted: 04/28/10 02:18:03 AM 

Here’s Gang Starr and Jeru The Damaja on The Wake Up Show back from February 1994. This took place during the 2-night Gavin Convention 10-hour Wake Up Show special with co-host Kool DJ Red Alert. Sway and Motion Man were hosting. Oh, and I recorded this live straight to tape. Enjoy…

Gang Starr on The King Tech Wake Up Show (February 18, 1994)

Size: 20 mb
Time: 11:00
Quality: 256 kbps
File: http://www.mediafire.com/?jqjnixuiteo

Here’s a really dope interview/talk session with Gang Starr on the Wake Up Show back from April 2003. Guru & DJ Premier were chillin up in the studio with King Tech and they were talkin about all kinds of shit from over their career. The talking was from 4 different segments during the show, but I took the talking parts and made it all one very clean mp3 which I originally recorded live straight to cd. Enjoy…

Gang Starr on The World Famous Wake Up Show (April 12, 2003)

Size: 65 mb
Time: 35:19
File: http://www.mediafire.com/?yfkrjzy3q2j

PostPosted: 04/29/10 04:05:41 PM 

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Here’s Gang Starr and Jeru The Damaja on The Wake Up Show back from February 1994. This took place during the 2-night Gavin Convention 10-hour Wake Up Show special with co-host Kool DJ Red Alert. Sway and Motion Man were hosting. Oh, and I recorded this live straight to tape. Enjoy…

Gang Starr on The King Tech Wake Up Show (February 18, 1994)

Size: 20 mb
Time: 11:00
File: http://www.mediafire.com/?jqjnixuiteo

Here’s a really dope interview/talk session with Gang Starr on the Wake Up Show back from April 2003. Guru & DJ Premier were chillin up in the studio with King Tech and they were talkin about all kinds of shit from over their career. The talking was from 4 different segments during the show, but I took the talking parts and made it all one very clean mp3 which I originally recorded live straight to cd. Enjoy…

Gang Starr on The World Famous Wake Up Show (April 12, 2003)

Size: 65 mb
Time: 35:19
File: http://www.mediafire.com/?yfkrjzy3q2j

That's a good look. I am wondering where Jeru and Blahzay been at?
and as expected, Premo stepped that B.S. from Solar to the side. He's always been reserved on his emotions about bullshit clowns.

Solar probably peeping 'round corners...

PostPosted: 04/30/10 01:45:50 AM 

time for a solar eclipse

PostPosted: 05/11/10 08:30:55 PM 

Rest in peace beat master

PostPosted: 05/12/10 03:18:12 PM 

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/arc ... d_emai.php

Solar's e-mail got hacked, pretty much confirms all the stuff we already speculated, good read though