Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - race? ethnicity? nationality? or BELIEFS?

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/07/19 07:36:51 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/23/01 11:09:00 PM 

most people ask me what nationality i am... i don't like telling them... i don't tell them my race... i just think seperating people by political and geographical boundries is ridiculous, especially considering i'm against most politics... especially when u take into consideration the split of Croatia and Yugoslavia... i call all my muslim brothers my brothers... that's closer than any nation can be... Beliefs and religion to me is what should classify groups, the person's beliefs which really put us at the same level... not skin color, political backround, where they happened to be born or what hav u...
another reason is cuz u can hate someone from the same race cuz of his beliefs... but it's hard to hate someone with the same belief system from a different race if u take into consideration what i said above... be open minded... cuz i'm not one to hate my own race or nation... quite the contrary... i love it, but, Islam teaches to accept by Islamic teachings, and it makes too much sense not to... feel me?
let me kno how u feel on this topic...

The First, The Last, The One, The Only, "THE CHOSEN"

"Manifested by the Word!"

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/23/01 11:30:00 PM 

Personally, i hate it when i'm classified by my race. Its' not that i don't have pride in my race, i have all the pride in the world about being Asian. But some people simply classify me and restrict me to the stereotype of it. Obviously you guys aren't the kind to hold by society's assumptions, but others do. And i know i shouldn't care what others' think, and most of the time i Don't. But personally, i feel mostly intimiated by fellow 'asians' that live that stereotype. Opps, i'm kinda off topic here. I believe that a person should be judged on his character, his beliefs and what he holds to value. Skin color, ethnicity, nationalism are only materialistic items, when it comes down to it. nothing more. I'm looking for the mind behind the eyes. Thats' what I wanna know.

peace

"What i must do is all that concerns me, not what people think....It is easy in the world to live after the worlds' opinon; it is easy in solitude to live after your own; but a great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 06:08:00 AM 

Quote:
On 2001-04-24 02:30, Erv wrote:
I'm looking for the mind behind the eyes.
peace

Im to much of a mixed breed to claim any one ethnic backgroup...when asked I usally say "other". Its all about the mindstate and common ground stemmed from your beliefs. If you must judge or group, might as well do it on something more personalized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 08:33:00 AM 

Moms side:
My Grandma was born in Greece and is 100% GREEK came straight off the boat in Queens NY
My Grandpa was born in Canada (french canadian) came to America during the depression and lived in the Bronx NY

Dads side:
Cherokee and white mutt mix
Still living near the cherokee reservation in Kentucky that was home to the indian pricess in my not so distant bloodline

I am very spiritual yet completely unorthodox/anti-religion at the same time.

I'm a strange girl. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 11:50:00 AM 

I'm kinda thinkin' it doesn't matter if people are from the same race, religion or whatever, you'll eventually meet someone who maybe from the same race, religion or whatever who'll disagree with you on (generally) 'something' - which may spark conflict. There are quite literally 2 types of people - the ying and the yang. Look everywhere, even in animals and you'll see 2 of the same animal come to blows - Exactly the same with us... As it's in our natures, there should be no such 'categorisation'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 02:00:00 PM 

even the yin and the yang is an archetypal symbol run by beliefs... although made by the chinese, it was still elaberated on by carl yung... i bet more than half those who believe in the ying and yang aren't even chinese... for those who believe that ethnicity or racial backround, not saying that's anyone here... would you consider Christopher Columbus who was the allejid Messiah of North America, higher status than the Messiah of Christianity, Jesus?
PEACE

The First, The Last, The One, The Only, "THE CHOSEN"

"Manifested by the Word!"

-The Manifest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 02:04:00 PM 

un IS a princess.... *wink*

anyway, im half jewish, half german...
dont know what that makes me.

i agree that seperating people by geographic means IS dumb, but in a way it's not...some people take pride in where they're from.
not me of course, damn nazi/jew blood, one side of me caused some of the most horrible events in history,
the other didnt even fight back for their freedom.

blah

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 02:11:00 PM 

it makes you a masochist, i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 02:22:00 PM 

Im "mexican" but I remember on a form once there was no spot for me so i had to fill out cacausion or something it was either that or eskimo.

If people can't see past labels then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 04:00:00 PM 

Un,

U still r ashamed of being part white? Get over it hon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 04:16:00 PM 

I'm the daughter of a Gypsy and a Cherokee shaman born at midnight on friday the 13th. Figure that one out. I don't claim a certain ethnicity, I'm a pagan but my beliefs are mine and mine alone. No matter how you "classify" people you are going to be wrong about some of them. So why don't we just stop classifying - or stop worrying about it at least?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littlebutterflygoddess on 2001-04-24 19:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littlebutterflygoddess on 2001-04-24 19:17 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 05:17:00 PM 

Half Cherokee, Half Black.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 06:53:00 PM 

notice how no ones come straight out and said they were white?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 06:54:00 PM 

i'm white

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 07:20:00 PM 

Erv--you shouldn't be scared of anyone just cuz they seem to live a stereotype. Don't be intimidated, just live life and pretend they don't exist or let them know you ain't scared, and they'll respect you.

And to the "mexican"--Are you sure there wasn't a box for "hispanic"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 10:02:00 PM 

Benwa,

Ignorant people think that being Italian or French doesn't make them white, however European descendants are white. There's two types of white people which are white Caucasians and there's the white hispanics. White Caucasians include English, Italians, French, Swedish, etc.. White hispanics include anyone that has Spanish blood including Cubans, Puerto Rican etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/24/01 10:06:00 PM 

but Sweden aint a part of Europe. That subcategory would be called Norwegian...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 02:38:00 AM 

I'm just white. From what I know of my family tree I had a portugese great great grandma. Unfortunately wherever you go you will be put nto groups whther it be by colour,race,religion or politcal stance. i mean, even the voting system will tell you your living in a labour(U.K.) or conservative constituency. Basically you can't escape and another thing is, we are all guilty of it. I mean, I bet a lot of us wouldnt complain if the fucking metalica mesg boards labelled us hip-hop heads from the elements. You know. I have no politcal stance as and my religion is to believe in myself and what Im doing and if Im wrong, my conscience will punish me and if I'm right , it will reward me accordingly...After all...I am my own god and my god is me. But looking at this question's responses at least we can say that " hip-hop heads" are conscience and the future is bright, if not a little somewhat orange...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 02:39:00 AM 

by the way..norway and sweden are not a united land..that all ended in 1905..apparently :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/01 10:42:00 AM 

im afrogatsby