Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - illegal immigration

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/23/19 12:24:34 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/21/01 09:11:00 AM 

I live in southern california, and theres often problems with illegal immigrants coming into the U.S. I dont really have set feelings on the situation, but want to know how others feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/21/01 12:33:00 PM 

all i wanna say is what is the purpose of the word "illgegal alien". ive never heard of "thousands of illegal aliens" entering countries. all i've seen is humans emigrating
...NAG

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/21/01 12:49:00 PM 

Most illegal immigrants enter the US to obtain a better life for themselves and their families. I cannot blame a person for wanting to doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/21/01 12:57:00 PM 
word...especially since the US is technically made up of mostly immigrants with the exceptions of the native folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/21/01 01:13:00 PM 

Aight!

:grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/21/01 01:24:00 PM 

i dont like it when people come illegally or not...and completely rufuse everything american..i am so for immigration but it pisses me off to walk down the street and hear people speaking exclusively spanish, chinese, or any other languages besides english...im not saying people should abandon their way of life but i think that shit is rude...especially when they look right at you and then start speaking their language

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/21/01 02:04:00 PM 

one of the major problems i see is the money paid out of others pockets to pay for stuff like med care. yet a lot of hard labor in america is done by immigrants that are paid the equivalant of shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 05:23:00 AM 

yah. word to Lips.

i hate them chinks and spics who be coming to america... not one of them can speak a lick of English. even tho english ain't even U.S.'s official language. English. the most bestest language in the world. and what's worse. they speak english with a fuckin accent. how dare they resist assimilation. fuckin commies. everyone should want to be like us. speak english. wear abercrombie and fitch. eat McDonalds.

we are americans. immigrants are not welcome. go back to where you came from you damn wetbacks. fuckin F.O.B.'s. rice workers fruit pickers. the u.s. is for americans. we are the greatest civilization ever!!!

now go learn some english.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 05:45:00 AM 

:eek: sarcasm right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 05:48:00 AM 

yes I am sure that is sarcasm...and fucking hilarious! tell em girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 06:14:00 AM 

sarcasm? are you speaking german? if so. get your immigrant ass out of here. well. at least the greek half. the other half can stay. but only on a reservation.

me american. (thumps chest) you foreigner. (points finger) will steal your land. make you second-class citizen.

this land belongs to us. english speaking... immigrants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 06:30:00 AM 

I'm from the U.K. and we are having the same type of problems here..Since the Balkan war we have had literally thousands of Illegal immigrants. Eventually it will cripple our economy and breed hatred and racism towards these people. We blame the governament but when ship loads of ethnic albanians are entering through the tip of scotland on to remote beaches and being hauled in busses down to England it's hard to stop it. I mean its a criminal underworld that is running it and we can't even find the killer of Jil Dando (TV Presenter Killed On Her Doorstep) let alone tackle the criminal underworld..The world is full of underhanded people and until everyone stops being ignorant to this it will continue and Illegal Imigrants will remain. I'm not totaly against them but I think there is a point where you have to stop and start putting more into the citizens of our country......Damn:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 08:53:00 AM 

:lol: @ belle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: unorthodox_measures on 2001-06-22 11:54 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 09:21:00 AM 

Quote:
On 2001-06-22 08:23, bellabellum wrote:
yah. word to Lips.

i hate them chinks and spics who be coming to america... not one of them can speak a lick of English. even tho english ain't even U.S.'s official language. English. the most bestest language in the world. and what's worse. they speak english with a fuckin accent. how dare they resist assimilation. fuckin commies. everyone should want to be like us. speak english. wear abercrombie and fitch. eat McDonalds.

we are americans. immigrants are not welcome. go back to where you came from you damn wetbacks. fuckin F.O.B.'s. rice workers fruit pickers. the u.s. is for americans. we are the greatest civilization ever!!!

now go learn some english.

:roll: yeah good one...thats not what im saying..i just think if you come to the US you should follow some US rules..i was just at the dmv the other day and they have the dmv test in like 50 different languages..so you dont have to be able to read the signs or understand the customs to get on the road...WAHOO awesome..like i said i dont have a problem with immigrants if they do it legally..i guess you just love going to a restaurant and being the only one who speaks english and cant get an order right because no one can understand you...fun fun fun :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 09:40:00 AM 

man. i was just messin with you.

now your second response i can understand. i agree. proficiency in the dominant language where you reside is required not only for the safety of others but one's own survival. your first response just irritated me because i felt it contained an ignorant statement that i hear too often regarding immigrants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 11:10:00 AM 

naw i have NO problem what so ever with immigrants..we are a powerful country and people want to come here and its understandable..like i said im not saying desert your heritage but there is also a need to fit into your new environment and economy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/22/01 12:31:00 PM 

Surprisingly, there are many 'illegals' where im at in Wash st. Everything east of the cascades is agricultural so in the summer the flow of immigrants increases drastically.(apples and such). Ive studied how large groups of immigrants move from region to region for work as the seasons change. It is a very interesting pattern. It pisses me off how they work. They could be making much more money if they new the procedures to gain citizenship status. However our culture is set up so that it is almost impossible to gain knowledge on the subject.

On an interesting side note; within the next two decades the number of american citizens from a hispanic decent will skyrocket, surpassing all other ethnicities in sheer numbers. This will have an incredible affect on our daily lives. Politics will be reformed so votes can be gained, that is of course if our electoral system doesn't change.

Any one have any theories of how this will affect our future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/24/01 01:52:00 AM 

"I Have A Dream"...like MLK, Jr., I too have a dream. One day I pray that we are able to view all as equal humans and we tear down the boundaries that separate us from being one. I pray that one day my children will not have to follow in my footsteps and join the military to protect a very basic belief: all people are created equal. I pray that one day that we are able to overcome our ignorance and learn to accept and love one another.

Until this dream becomes a reality, no soul will ever be truly at ease. Why do we allow fear of difference to compound ignorance and confusion into hatred? We need to start looking for more similarities than what makes us different. When we see that we are all human and overcome our fear, then my heart will sing with joy and my mind be at ease.

In other words, let 'em come on in. Whatever happened to treating guests with respect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/24/01 11:24:00 AM 

ok, i'm from phoenix, so there are times when i'm surrounded with more immigrants than white people. true, not being able to order food can sometimes be an inconvenience for me and others who live here, but people need to look at things from the immigrants point of view. there was a man who worked with my friend at McDonald's a few years ago. this man had moved here from mexico, while his wife and 3 kids hadn't. he made more money working an 8-hour day at McDonald's than he did working 16-hour days doing field work in mexico. if we deprive this man of the liberty and pursuit of happiness that our country was established upon, then what do we have left?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/26/01 05:42:00 AM 

"so there are times when i'm surrounded with more immigrants than white people"

Im not trying to jump on you but that comment is off to me...America is made up of IMMIGRANTS..."white" people are the immigrants and yet they somehow are considered the majority, the owners of this country...fucking hilarious :lol:

my bad, im in a foul mood.