Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - NA -Vs- ROTW- Semis - Adept -Vs- Powder

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/11/19 04:01:23 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NA -Vs- ROTW- Semis - Adept -Vs- Powder
PostPosted: 02/19/04 03:16:20 AM 

Rules are the same as before .. Good luck boys.. you made it this far ..
Make it dope.. :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/19/04 09:27:00 AM 

Check

Ventuoso: joshua3189
Ventuoso: he's a lonely guy
carrioncell: so am i
carrioncell: but cyber sex with dudes....not my thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/19/04 01:27:20 PM 

Checkmate :o 8)

:coolsmoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/20/04 04:02:08 PM 
Whos reppin NA in this one? Im guessing Powder

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/20/04 05:04:30 PM 

vey interesting good luck both of u this should be good

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/20/04 06:08:27 PM 

blank wrote:
Whos reppin NA in this one? Im guessing Powder

We're both representing NA...and we're both from Canada...have you not been following the tournament...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/25/04 08:39:33 PM 

Sorry everyone, I hope it doesn't look like I'm just waiting for Adept to drop first, I've been really busy with school and other things, I should have a verse up tomorro or a couple days after if you want to wait Adept :afro:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/26/04 12:11:17 AM 

I won't be able to drop a verse Thursday either so drop Friday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/27/04 04:26:08 PM 

I've got a couple punches in here that might not be understood by all, binary code is the way computers communicate, every letter is actually made of several 0's and 1's (you'll understand when you read the punch) an A for example might be 01011. Also, Maximillion was some fool who posted a 1000 bar verse in a battle :afro: Just thought I would clear that up, it's a little different style for me, I had some more fun with it, enjoy :D

This battle’s like a TAROT CARD READING cuz I’m DEALING ADEPT’S FATE, from DUSK TO DAWN I’ll impale this pasty vampire, his LIFE IS AT STEAK/
Run your tongue through a cheese grate, Snapping every bone in your body is the only way I’ll GIVE YOU A BREAK//
I’ll write “you lost” halfway through my verse, now READ BETWEEN THE LINES and get back in the closet/
I’ll CONVERT YOUR VERSE TO BINARY CODE SO THAT YOU CAN COUNT YOUR LOSSES//
Battling me is a gamble like Las Vegas and I’ve got Adept full of fear and loathing, jaw dropped in awe/
This tournament’s lyrically FLOODING the boards, and by facing me you’ve DRAWN THE SHORT STRAW// (gurgle, gurgle)
I’ll lethally inject Adept with overdoses of fury because my rhymes are TAKEN IN VEIN/
Sticking your face in your mom’s titties is the only time your dumbass RACKS YOUR BRAIN//
Popping your individual blood vessels to prove that your health SYSTEM isn’t IMMUNE/
I’ll SPLIT YOUR LIVER like drinking ALCOHOL from a BROKEN bottle and leave you in your own blood to you prune//
Voraciously tear your skin to thin shreds and throw em to the air, now you’re GONE WITH THE WIND//
Then beat this CALGARY STAMPEDER with his own cowboy boots just SPUR of the moment to rub it in//
(YOU LOST :afro: )
I’ll leave your epidermis segmented like fish skin, face it, you’re a guppy swimming upriver towards the nile, mainstream, you’ll never make it/
Now that Anom’s gone your nothing but make-shift, give you repeated uppercut thrashings till you develop a FACE-LIFT//
Adept wants to be the next BME, which is why battling me isn’t the only way he’s got his WORK CUT OUT FOR HIM, it’ll be pasted in the reply spot/
I’m senselessly slaughtering sending SNIPER bullets through your mullet because I’m winning this battle by a LONG SHOT//
I see the big picture, which is why I’ll draw a portrait of Adept with an axe in his head sprawled on the curb/
Even if you were Maximillion you couldn’t beat me, because a A PICTURE’S WORTH A THOUSAND BARS and millions of words//
Severed your spinal cord with a STICK at a FESTIVE PARTY and now you’re STUCK IN LIMBO/
Paralyzed, no where to go, stuck quarters up your hole for blow because I’m making you PAY THROUGH THE NOSE//
I’ll revert you to sperm form because that’s your INTELLIGENCE IN A NUTSHELL, brain cells equivalent to a scrote/
Like high school dropouts Adept’s going for broke, I’ll tee up your testes and LET NATURE PLAY ITS COURSE by giving a 9 iron to a nearby oak//
Drawing an Olympic swimmer is the only way you could make nice pen STROKES/
This is your day of RECKONING, like……well every day in Calgary I suppose…because it’s nothing but country folks//
(Yes indeedy cletus, I reckon that’s KO……)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/27/04 05:59:36 PM 

I'm sorry you had to face me Powder...I'll try not to be too harsh...hahahaha

This personal piece may surprise you just don't think I despise you cuz if you've been told you could beat me then you've been lied to
Son, I've fathered your raps, took you under my wing to lyrically guide you
But now I'm through with the Lonely Minds crew sliding through and you hiding spooked
If you're seriously trying to battle me then quit writing spoofs
I'd slash your back with a hockey stick cuz you only drop weak shit
You can never top these wits or ever stop me kid cuz your posts are filled with sloppiness
You think you can talk with cockiness but you're checkin out BME and attempting to copy scripts
Since you've started to bite from a biters style I think I'll call your career Snickers cuz it's "not going anywhere for a while"
You think you're a battle rap contender but you're just a chit chat member
I remember your quirky renders used to make me question your gender
And saying your last round's piece wasn't weak is as bright as brushing your teeth before you eat
You'll need reconstructive surgery after I bash my knee in your open mouth for everyone to see like an open house
This is the internet, HipHop-Elements isn't the set for a film yet you're caught in the heat of the moment like you're trapped in a kiln
Get it in your cranium, you're not the best Canadian, I'm playin with you like this site is Playdium
And it's game over dude, your four leaf clover won't due, your luck has ran shorter than you
It makes me laugh that you think you can rip me, you got less wins than your age, and you're only fifteen
Your pathetic attempts at getting personal aren't even valid but I seen the picture you posted, you're ugly and vertically challenged
Listen kid just stick to "Sponge Bob Square Pants" before I fuck your face up so bad you won't even catch a rare glance
You don't have a fair chance in this tourny cuz I ain't fazed by the underage, now your mind is racing like you're lost in a maze
How could you really want beef, all the fat parts of your verse are strained
I was thought to be insane but you must be cuz your punch lines are exceptionally strange and excessively lame
Powder you're obviously fake, I don't know how to make it any clearer, the world's at stake and you can only battle in the mirror

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/27/04 09:50:25 PM 

OMG!!!!!!!
That battle was fuckin insane

I don't know why, but I read Adept's first, just some instinct shit...And I thought he won it for sure...Then I read Powder's and it was alright, it had very nice punches in it, I must say, and then...I read "Paralyzed, no where to go, stuck quarters up your hole for blow because I’m making you PAY THROUGH THE NOSE" :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I was about to cry...That shit was fuckin crazy, that caught my eye
I read each line and think about it for a second, I read that line and realized his name is Powder :o And gosh darn did that line make awfully good sense

Powder, your like the most gruesome battler...lol, that was a very impressive verse, and I gotta give it up to you, tryin somethin new in an important battle in a good ass fuckin tournament...Respects for that one :afro:

Adept, if you didn't come too harsh...Man, I wanna see your HARSHEST verse...That was off the heezy
But I gotta give it to my man Powder for that one line...Otherwise I would do what I did in the Chainz and Mindless battle and flip a coin with is pretty gay

Great battle gentlemen, can't wait to see the next votes and who's wins this battle...And I'll be watchin the other battle too...See what the Championship looks like

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/27/04 09:51:26 PM 

Vote - Powder...My bad, I pushed Submit and realized I never put my vote through, even though it's pretty clear from what I wrote who I thought won...Oh well :afro:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/28/04 12:12:14 AM 

Powder, you concentrate too much on forcing punchlines out and your flow is unnatural. In fact the flow and rhymes were basic, sometimes I was looking for rhymes in these long lines that you wrote and they just weren't there. You have sacrificed flow in favour of trying to write clever well thought out punchlines and for me that style just wasn't working. It's obvious you put a lot of thought into your lines but for me that was a very poor verse. You came off sounding like you'd really strained to think up that shit. Adept wrote that you're copying BME's style of just writing punch lines and I think he got it spot on there, apart from BMEs shit had good multis and rhymes.

I think Adepts verse flowed better and had some good personals. He picked up on the strained punches and generally had a better verse.

Vote - Adept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/28/04 11:21:18 AM 

Rin wrote:
Powder, you concentrate too much on forcing punchlines out and your flow is unnatural. In fact the flow and rhymes were basic, sometimes I was looking for rhymes in these long lines that you wrote and they just weren't there. You have sacrificed flow in favour of trying to write clever well thought out punchlines and for me that style just wasn't working. It's obvious you put a lot of thought into your lines but for me that was a very poor verse. You came off sounding like you'd really strained to think up that shit. Adept wrote that you're copying BME's style of just writing punch lines and I think he got it spot on there, apart from BMEs shit had good multis and rhymes.

Yo Rin, you gotta realize, he used a different method of text in this battle, he ain't usually like that, you gotta notice it when you read his other shit...Oh well, I think this battle was very good

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/28/04 12:47:51 PM 

Pusha wrote:
Rin wrote:

Yo Rin, you gotta realize, he used a different method of text in this battle, he ain't usually like that, you gotta notice it when you read his other shit...Oh well, I think this battle was very good

Actually Powder has been using just punch lines pretty much the whole tournament, especially the last round, that's why I commented on it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/28/04 02:35:35 PM 

not badbattle... i enjoyed powders flow, but i can't stand his punclines ever, they seem so forced . or to played out.. i dunno i never have liked em so i dunno.. but his flow was solid and he was pretty fierce otherwize adept had a solid flow with alriite imagery with better punches for sure

anywayz good all around battle..

buti gottah give it to adept

piece

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/28/04 02:55:45 PM 

Rin wrote:

I think Adepts verse flowed better and had some good personals. He picked up on the strained punches and generally had a better verse.

Vote - Adept.

I don't understand that at all, the whole verse had a fairly consistent flow, and it was written to a beat so it flowed perfectly to me......every line rhymed as well so I don't know what you mean by that :-? Anyway that's 2 - 1 for you Adept, I don't really understand how I can lose a battle based on flow in a text battle though, don't clog up this thread with a respone though Rin, PM me if you would like to further explain :afro:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/28/04 09:48:43 PM 

For reall that battle was tight...adept spit some serious lines and powder too but for real powder had some nice imagery with his punch lines..ie binary code, tarot card, olympic swimmer

still a newb but my vote goes to powder
harsh lines still from adept

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/29/04 10:09:05 AM 

2-2...It's gettin interestin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/02/04 05:53:13 AM 

Great battle!

Powder had some nice punches. but im not feeling his flow that much.
Overall a nice drop tho

Adept's punches were clear and solid hits. Flow was good and overall just a bit better than Powder's

Vote - Adept